PDA

View Full Version : should it look like this?

should it look like this?

bryansnake
05-08-2011, 07:13 PM
ok. I'm looking at my snake, and I'm wondering if she is how the transition from body to tail should look, or is she's big because she needs to poop and hasn't/can't. and I say can't, cause I've only seen her poop once since I've had her. I've looked in the viv but haven't seen or smelt anything. as far as I can guess, she's about 8-10 months old and 16 inches.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1182&pictureid=9200

ShenziSixaxis
05-08-2011, 07:56 PM
She probably just needs to poop. A bath in warm water (about 80f) should help.

SquamishSerpents
05-09-2011, 04:07 AM
looks pretty normal to me. snakes, especially ones that small, can hide their poo pretty well, especially if you're using the recommended aspen bedding.

zmtab
05-09-2011, 05:47 AM
i had the same sort of problem and it got me thinking was my corns ok so iv now stopped using aspen and started to use news paper that way i can see they are all going to the loo as they should be

Dorgrim
05-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Looks totally normal :3 younger snakes ive always found have a touch of that "baby fat" as well, and because their skin is little more elastic when they are small they tend to have a little bit of pudge *tickles* so cuute!

Nanci
05-09-2011, 01:15 PM
i had the same sort of problem and it got me thinking was my corns ok so iv now stopped using aspen and started to use news paper that way i can see they are all going to the loo as they should be

I think in 99% of the cases of never seeing poop, everything is fine! You don't need to deprive your snake of burrowing as instinct dictates just so you can monitor poop...

bryansnake
05-09-2011, 09:13 PM
I tried the warm bath around the same time as the picture, and she didn't poop. mind you, it had been 5 days since her last feeding since then. and she's only being fed 1/2 pinkies at the moment due to her spitting something up a couple weeks ago. She's eating normally, being active when I'm not looking/not around, (got home from work 40 minutes ago, dark room. used a flashlight and found her climbing her tank a little. 1 day after feeding too.) and all round seeming normal. I just wanted to ask, as she never had that look prier to her shed, and so I was like, "she looks different... is that normal?" but I guess it's all part of the growth process.