PDA

View Full Version : Can I try this?

Can I try this?

dan803
05-10-2011, 05:44 PM
I was thinking that if I just offer an f/t to the live-only feeder weekly he'll just eventually get too hungry to turn his nose up at it. It's not like he completely ignores it. He acts interested, following it but for some unfathomable reason never grabs it even though it's hot. I can't believe he knows the difference. He grabbed live from tongs right away!

He's a 760 gram male, maybe even a little fat, so he can afford to not eat. I'm no longer willing to give Petco my business, so he will either eat f/t or starve. Any thoughts?

susang
05-10-2011, 05:49 PM
I was thinking that if I just offer an f/t to the live-only feeder weekly he'll just eventually get too hungry to turn his nose up at it. It's not like he completely ignores it. He acts interested, following it but for some unfathomable reason never grabs it even though it's hot. I can't believe he knows the difference. He grabbed live from tongs right away!

He's a 760 gram male, maybe even a little fat, so he can afford to not eat. I'm no longer willing to give Petco my business, so he will either eat f/t or starve. Any thoughts?

Have you tried washing after you warm it sometimes it is the defrosted scent that turns them off to the f/t. Since he may be on a spring hunger stirke he could eventually eat a f/t.

dan803
05-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Well I just let the mouse soak in hot water, then when the water is cold I soak it in hot water again for a few minutes so it's hot when I offer it. Didn't do anything for him though....

susang
05-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Try washing it with mild soap, rinse well and then soak again in hot water.

MysticExotics
05-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah, what Susan said. Domestic mice are really stinky.

Lennycorn
05-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Also, let the snake get hungry!! Feed less often till it has a better feeding response.

dan803
05-10-2011, 07:44 PM
OMG!!!! IT WORKED!! I can't believe it. I was skeptical to be completely honest, but I tried cleaning it with hand soap and rinsing good. He didn't seem like he was going to take it at first.

What I ended up doing then was harassing him with the mouse by poking him on the back repeatedly. It made him really mad and he just started gobbling up the mouse. He didn't bother constricting.

Thanks so much!!!!