PDA

View Full Version : Baby corn isnt eating!

Baby corn isnt eating!

pure ravage
05-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Situation: Bought a new baby corn on May 4th. Pet store said to feed him on the 5th, so i did and he ate the pinkie just fine without any trouble. without me knowing, when i was gone, my mom put aspen shavings from my milk snakes cage in the corns cage. i thought she bought new shavings. i admit that i handled him quite a bit the first few days i had him. he has a smaller tank bc hes a baby, and his temperature is always 80-85, sometimes even high 70's. 5 days after the first feed, he rejected all the pinkies i offered. ive waited 2 days and he still rejects them and he isnt very active. i cant tell if hes beginning to shed but i doubt he is. What do i do? i admit i am very paranoid of this snake bc hes a baby and new.

exar15xe
05-13-2011, 09:51 AM
I would try rubbing the pinky in tuna juice and putting it with the corn in a separate container (deli cup) in a dark place and leave it there for a 20 mins or so. Definately change the shavings as well in the tank. I use tuna juice with all my finicky eaters and they come around and chomp down :).

rosewood
05-13-2011, 10:02 PM
what are you using as a heat source and where are you measuring the temp from? Also do not handle him at all really until he starts eating again, your probably just stressing him out :)