PDA

View Full Version : healthy poo

healthy poo

babbaloo99
04-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Hello,

I have a question, what should a healthy snake poo look like (i.e. coloring, texture)? Does a snake urinate the same time as it deficates? My snake has had dark poo and light colored poo mixed with white or light brown coloring. It is also sometimes accompanied with what I think is urine, but I want to make sure it is not a stool that is too watery. Sorry for the graphic detail :awcrap:

Neumann
04-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Greetings,

In snakes, urine is in a crystalline form. Your snake's poo will be a dark colored semi-solid glop which is usually topped off with with some whitish looking urate crystals. Depending on what it's been eating you may also find some fur in the poo.

What you want to look out for are strange colors such as greens or reds, as that can indicate a problem. Extremely foul smells are also an indication of a problem- but first you'll have to get used to the 'good smelling' poos before you can recognize a bad one. :p

Cheers,
Jason

babbaloo99
04-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Thank you. Sounds like my snake's poo is quite normal. I guess I will have to gain some experience at telling the difference between a "good" vs. bad smell, as it is all still too foul for me :)