PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for the pinky to disappear?

How long does it take for the pinky to disappear?

legitimatehypnotist
06-17-2011, 02:42 AM
I fed my corn snake two and a half days ago, and I'm just wondering if it's normal that I can't see even a lump? On her last feeding, I could see a tiny lump just beneath her stomach until she pooped.
She's an amel, too, and when I looked at her stomach, I didn't even see any brown where her intestines are.

Am I just being overly concerned? I'm a new snake owner and I'm very finicky. It's very possible she may have just grown a little...

BigByrd47119
06-17-2011, 03:06 AM
I fed my corn snake two and a half days ago, and I'm just wondering if it's normal that I can't see even a lump? On her last feeding, I could see a tiny lump just beneath her stomach until she pooped.
She's an amel, too, and when I looked at her stomach, I didn't even see any brown where her intestines are.

Am I just being overly concerned? I'm a new snake owner and I'm very finicky. It's very possible she may have just grown a little...

The general consensus of the members here seems to be that the lump is visible for 24 hours, while fewer experience it for 48 hours. Assuming that everything is ideal (prey size & temps), mine usually take about 24 hours to be rid of the bump while on occasion, it may take a day and a half.

If your referring to a bump just above her vent, its also very normal. It usually means that your little girl is ready to do the deed soon. Although I have never been pooped on by one of my corns, I use that to judge the "readiness" of the snake to defile me! :blowhead:

Hope this helps!

legitimatehypnotist
06-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Awesome, THANK YOU!
I haven't exactly left the paranoid new snake mommy stage yet!