PDA

View Full Version : Lump in stomach area.

Lump in stomach area.

rspier
04-11-2004, 11:35 PM
I noticed a lump in the stomach area of two of my corns. I fed them about twelve days ago. Two days later because of a rack heating malfunction they lost heat for three days. Temperatures in the house were between 68-75 for about three days. I got the problem worked out and the other 12 snakes semmed to digest well, with their food lumps dissapearing. The two snakes in question developed small round lumbs in the area where the food lump usually is. The lump protrudes all around the snakes body especially on the sides and undersides. This has persisted for about 8-10 days. I did not feed because I thought that they needed to regurge the lump, then I would treat the regurge appropriately. Has anyone experienced a similar problem.
Thanks for looking, Ron.

hosstheman
04-13-2004, 02:27 AM
Rspier,

Could be signs of crypto. I had a snow that developed a lump sadly he didn't make it. I posted some pics of lump in a thread called My snake has a lump. check it out

Hoss

redneckprincess
04-25-2004, 02:00 AM
My Sunglow also has a lump. From the outside it looks black internally. She has not been active and I've been told it is probably an intestinal rot/gangrene. I'm really hoping its a twisted bowel and I can get her to eat.(I've heard it can correct itself if they eat)
I would hate to lose her, I just got her and she has a great personality.
Let me know the outcome of your corns.