PDA

View Full Version : first feed

first feed

anny
04-14-2004, 02:54 PM
A few questions (I just did my first feed):

How long does it normally take a snake to swallow it's food, to the point where it can close its mouth? (I think Ebba took a while because she swallowed it backwards; my fault, I didn't know I should face the mouse forward until after I fed her.)

After feeding, I looked at Ebba ten minutes later while she was cruising, but she didn't seem to have a lump like I thought there'd be. It was a small fuzzy though...
Should I check her hide to see if she regurged or should I just let her rest in peace and assume that it was just too small? I don't want to move her out of her hide and stress her, with the possibility that she didn't regurge.

Skye
04-14-2004, 03:22 PM
give her a few hours peace - check it tomorrow

The time it takes them to eat depends entirely on the size of the mouse, and on the snake. I have one girl that seems to only want to eat mice backwards. It doesn't matter which way I present them to her. She waits until I've stopped the wiggling parade, then goes around it until she is sure which end is which,
then proceeds to eat it from the back. She takes a while, but has never failed to eat one.

Skye