• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Vomiting? and bad shedding help

HomieGPoptart

I fed my snake on 7/22 and a day or two after that, it shed. When I went to pick up the shed, I noticed that it was not in one piece, but two. Is this bad? Then, today (7/26) I saw that my snake had vomited up a mostly digested fuzzy. I googled it and one site said that vomiting is worse than regurg. Is this true? Is the shed and the vomiting linked? What do I do?

I fed my snake on 7/22 and a day or two after that, it shed. When I went to pick up the shed, I noticed that it was not in one piece, but two. Is this bad? Then, today (7/26) I saw that my snake had vomited up a mostly digested fuzzy. I googled it and one site said that vomiting is worse than regurg. Is this true? Is the shed and the vomiting linked? What do I do?

What's the differents between the two???? I thought they where the same. Did you have a really bad smell in the viv on the 26th??

And yes, the two ""could" be linked.

I would treat this as a regurge to be on the safe side and follow Kathy Love advice linked here.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

According to the interwebs a regurge is when the snake gets the food back up before it has reached the stomach, and vomiting is when it gets the food back up after it has been in the stomach.

Homie, I think the terminology has become pretty synonymous and I would definitely follow the regurge guidelines posted by Lenny. Also, now that you have had a problem while your snake is in the shed process, I would avoid feeding him while in the shed process from now on.

Good luck and I hope he recovers well for you!

Back