PDA

View Full Version : Hatchling corn

Hatchling corn

iKandyXotics
08-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi , I have corn snake eggs in the incubator , and it's day 43. Well one of the eggs some how came in contact with water ( assuming dripage from the lid) and burst open.I looked at the snake he seems to be ok. I found him upside down in the egg.I can see his little heart beating and the yolk is still attached.He dosent move , I lightly nudge him , just to ck on him and he will jerk his body a little. Is that normal?Do I need to remove him from the incubator?All the eggs appear to be swollen and have a bad feeling the rest might end up like this guy.I have another clutch that are doing just fine. Any ideas would bee soooo awesome!

xStaticSnow
08-12-2011, 05:08 PM
If I were you I would refrain from opening the incubator or disturbing it at all. I've read a few accounts on here of people losing eggs and hatchlings from bothing and poking at the eggs too often.

What temperature are they are? I wouldn't remove the little snake.. I'm sure that would kill him. Just keep him in there and make sure the humidity stays up. If he's stilla ttached he may continue to develop and strengthen

Others with more experience can probably give you some better advice

Good luck!

iKandyXotics
08-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks bunches , the temp is at 82