PDA

View Full Version : am i shedding? is it ok to eat?

am i shedding? is it ok to eat?

Amberjolly
08-18-2011, 02:39 PM
So I got my baby last thursday and I'm pretty sure he was fed the sunday before that and I was planning on feeding him today.
If I'm right and he was fed on sunday then its been about 11 days since he has had food.

I was told when I bought him that he was in shed but his eyes were normal and so far I haven't seen any signs of shed.
Could the place have been wrong maybe he is not in shed?

Is it ok to feed him tonight like I was going to?

And is it possible he is in shed?

Thankyou for any help

Whissper
08-23-2011, 01:25 AM
I havent had any problems with feeding and shedding. I follow the Munson plan for feeding(which you can search for here). I have been through a few sheds now and can now tell from experience when he is about ready. I haven't changed his dinner schedule because of shedding. I notice his skin becomes paler and a bit rougher about 5 days before his shed. He also likes to hide under the water dish around this time for a day or two.
Hope this helps.

Rdoyle
08-23-2011, 08:08 AM
when you get him home he needs a week to get used to his home. He could regurgitated from stress. a baby can go 3 week between food. He him thursday or this cooming up sunday

AliCat37
08-23-2011, 10:53 AM
You can offer him food today. You've had him for 5 days, and that's plenty of time to settle. He probably would have shed by now if he was in shed, so the place may have been wrong.

Karoni
08-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Is it possible his little shed skin is hidden in the aspen, if you use it?

Amberjolly
08-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Is it possible his little shed skin is hidden in the aspen, if you use it?

No he's not that small and I just looked threw it all looking for poop because I thought he wasnt pooping but I found 2 poops there sooo small lol :)