PDA

View Full Version : My Baby Corn Wont Eat At All

My Baby Corn Wont Eat At All

MizBrownsQB05
04-22-2004, 02:22 AM
Please help...I went and bought my first corn snake and he's still young and is about 13 inches long, i brought him home and the lady said wait two days and then feed him, so i did and i bought a pinkie and did everything she said and he wont eat...my temp is at about 80 and he will drink and wont eat...so i went and bought another pinkie a smaller one and i tried the teasing like it showed in a book i bought and he still will not eat...its been a long time and im really worried...if anyone knows another way i can try or anything else i would greatly appriciate it, thank you. :cry:

WAS1
04-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Was the snake feeding when you bought it?
How long has it now been since he last ate?
Sometimes it may take a snake 2 or 3 weeks before he gets use to his new surroundings and starts feeding.
also has he been fed live mice or F/T?
Persistence usually pays off.

rspier
04-22-2004, 11:26 AM
I have had a couple of slightly stubborn eaters and i put them in a deli cup with the pink overnight and they always ate.

tyretosmom
04-22-2004, 12:20 PM
I too had a snake that would not eat, It was my first snake and I learned my lesson, Next snake I got I asked for them to feed him before I bought him.

I would leave your snake alone for 5-7 days. I know everyone says a couple days but I think the longer the better. And that doesn't mean just don't offer it food. It means no handling him at all, Only cheak his water.

Then I would feed him what he had been feed before (live, Frozen Thawed) If you still have the cup he came in I would put him in it to feed him. Also try feeding him in the evening. If he still does not eat then wait 5 days and try again, this time you can try and split the head on the pinkie.

Also don't watch leave the room and turn the lights out, as long as its F/T or a pinkie. Don't ever leave a live mouse alone with your snakes

Just A Beginner
04-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Live pinkie mice pose absolutely no danger to corns, live mice only become dangerous at the point when their eyes are open. Pinks and fuzzies are not dangerous, but I would still recomend that feeding is supervised with live.

Darin Chappell
04-22-2004, 05:40 PM
Miz,

May I suggest you do a search on "feeding" or "scent*" or "problem"? I think you will find a great deal of information on this site about such issues.

MizBrownsQB05
04-23-2004, 12:56 AM
Thank you all for your help, i went down to the reptile store i bought him at and asked them questions and got to know more, the owner too suggested that i leave him alone for about a week and then try feeding him, and if after a week he will not eat i will try putting him in his cup with the pinkie, thank you all again you've been lots of help to me. :)