PDA

View Full Version : Conundrum

Conundrum

Karoni
08-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi guys. I'd like to get your advice. Two of my corns poop regularly. My third, Firefly, I think is permanently "constipated." I get her out for some exercise after 3-4 days have passed since feeding her, in part, because it usually results in her pooping that night.

My question is, is it okay to feed her again if she hasn't yet pooped out the first mouse? This doesn't happen very often, but after two short exercise sessions this week (I have to keep them short or get pooped on), she still hasn't gone. It's been six days at this point.

Does anybody else have this issue?

Thanks for any replies.

dave partington
08-22-2011, 08:39 AM
sometimes if they are close to shedding, they'll hold it in until after they shed. Sometimes they're just a little odd like that occasionally. One of my gals only goes about twice a month. They're like people in some ways, different ones have different times when they express themselves. If it gets to be beyond 2 weeks, and/or regurgitation happens, then it becomes an issue.

ratsncorns
08-22-2011, 10:51 AM
I had a corn that always pooped just once a month when she was an adult. When she did poop, the whole house would know!

Karoni
08-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks, guys. I guess it's not a problem then. I just wanted to check. Dave, she does this all the time, not just when she's shedding. She just shed a few weeks ago.

james
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
My sasha sometimes does the same as your and not go for 2 maybe three meals. When this happens and I think she may need help getting rid i.e pooping I put her in one of my small plastic tanks with luck-warm water and let her bath in it for ten or so minutes, that usually helps her along . She usually poops as soon as I take her out to dry her off before butting her back into her viv. Hope this is helpful .

xStaticSnow
08-22-2011, 03:04 PM
My snake has a pretty weird "poop schedule" lol. He also seems to really enjoy pooping outside of his viv and usually poops immedietly after finishing a meal, which is pretty easy for me since I just have to rinse out his feeding bin! (:

Last month he didn't poop for like 3 weeks lol but I fed him anyway and he's doing perfectly fine. Also a very quick dip in some warm water almost always works for me...

xStaticSnow
08-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Also a very quick dip in some warm water almost always works for me...

On second thought, I think I will clarify that it almost always works for Ziggy... not me LOL.