PDA

View Full Version : Show in Maine in August???

Show in Maine in August???

Katie
06-18-2002, 09:53 AM
Hi everyone!

I've heard that there is going to be some sort of a reptile show in Bar Harbor, Maine near the end of the summer. As I live in NB, Canada I could probably attend if it would be worth my while. I guess what I want to know is if anyone has ever heard of it or has an info on it, or knows where I could look for info. There aren't any reptile shows (other than this one) near me but this one is only a 5 hour drive away and I could use it as an excuse to get away from here for a weekend with the boyfriend! The only trouble is that I would probably end up buying something while I was down there and I don't know the rules on bringing reptiles to Canada from the US. Does anyone know where I could find this info as well? Thanks to everyone who replies!

kenalotia
06-18-2002, 08:12 PM
I don't really have answers to your questions, but I think I know who does know the answer to one of them. :) Simon (also in Canada) ordered some corns from Serpenco, and had them shipped to Jim (in upstate NY) because Rich doesn't ship to Canada. Jim then drove up and delivered the snakes to Simon when he was going to be in Canada anyway. So I expect that either of them can probably answer your question about bringing snakes into Canada. They might not have noticed the question, though, since your subject was about a show in Maine... Perhaps you can send one of them a private message with the question?

Katie
06-18-2002, 10:18 PM
Kate (I really like that name for some reason.... ;) ) ,
Thanks for the info about Simon and Jim. I'll pm one of them to find out if I need a permit or not. Do wish someone knew about that show though... I posted on the other forum (the one where my breeder posts alot, he's the one who mentioned it to me) about it but they haven't replied yet. I'm already thinking about what kinds of arrangements I can make for my pets, etc! If there is a show I'm going to be some excited. We never have shows around here and I've never been to a show which is why I'm willing to drive the 5 hours to go to this one.

Thanks again!
Katie

kenalotia
06-18-2002, 10:30 PM
There's a show about an hour away from me in Syracuse once a year. I'm debating about whether or not to go. I can't really get any snakes after the two I've got reserved from Rich, but I know I'd want to get more anyway. :rolleyes: It's hard to just go and look, isn't it?

Katie
06-19-2002, 01:35 PM
Just FYI for those of you located in Canada, I found the web page on the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency site that tells about bringing reptiles into Canada with you. This applies only to Canadian citizens that are actually bringing the animal back with them. I don't think it applies to haveing things shipped and what not.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/anima/heasan/import/turtlese.shtml

There is the page. Apparently unless you want to bring a turtle, it's A-OK with Canada Customs. You can bring whatever you want!