PDA

View Full Version : Sneezing, drinking, shedding, and feeding-- a few questions

Sneezing, drinking, shedding, and feeding-- a few questions

thelivingoddity
09-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I have a 3-year old male Okeetee corn that I adopted from someone who just had way too many snakes-- he was hand raised and only fed frozen-thawed mice-- he's incredibly sweet, loves to be handled and seems really healthy!

However, he sneezes occasionally. Sometimes it's after a big drink of water, and sometimes it's for no reason at all that I can think of. He's super energetic, he's eating beautifully, and he seems to have absolutely no other symptoms whatsoever. Should I be concerned? He doesn't LOOK like he's about to shed, but he is beginning to display some shedding behaviors-- yawning, rubbing himself on rough surfaces, taking a bath and dipping his head under the water, that sort of thing. Could that have something to do with his sneezing?

Also, is it pretty normal for corn snakes to hide out for a couple days and sleep after a meal?

Thanks all for your responses, I really appreciate it!

Farmgirl
09-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Don't know about the first question, mine don't sneeze at all. As for the sleeping/hiding after eating.... BOTH my hatchling and adult do this, they go to the hot side of thier vivs for a couple days to digest.

thelivingoddity
09-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks, at least I know his eating habits are all good :)