• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

moving around strangely after meal

nightmaredisco

Beardie pro, snake noob
Hey all,
I just fed Frost his 2nd feeding after his regurge 2 weeks ago. I followed Cathy's advice, I left him alone, fed him 1 week after the regurge with no problems, he pooped twice from that feeding (half a pinky), so it has been a week, I fed him the other half of the mouse about 20 minutes ago. He is now rubbing his chin on EVERYTHING and being very very active. Is this normal? I am just SO afraid of another regurge and when he was wandering around it looked for a second like his body was stiffening up like it did when he regurged, but he didn't this time. Also, do they need to be on the warm side to digest? Because he is just totally interested in his cold side hide, but not as much as the warm one, spends way more time on the cold side. I have the warm side at about 85 F now.
Thoughts?
You have all been so helpful and I really appreciate it!

Is he a light colored snake? He might be going to shed. They circle their cage a lot and rub their nose on everything. Also the only time I have ever had a snake regurge was when I fed him while he was in a shed cycle. Another thing, snakes seem to prefer the cool side when they are getting ready to shed. The reason I asked if he was a light colored snake is it can some times be hard to tell when they are going to shed.

He is light coloured, he's hypomelanistic. He very well may be preparing to shed, he is young (6ish months) and I have had him 3 weeks with no shed in my presence, but he just started this aimless wandering after I fed him a bit ago. He's even trying to climb the glass again.

It sounds normal to me. Some snakes like to play around instead of going right off to sleep. Plus if you are still feeding him smaller meals because of the regurge he might be looking for more food (that doesn't mean you should give him more though). He should settle down after a while and go hide.

he may just be feeling better or wanting more..mine looks around like wtf wheres the rest of my food after i feed him his pinkie

I was going to say he might be going to shed, but actually, he could also be just pushing his jaw back in place. The snake's mandible has a "joint" in the center, which is what allows it to be so flexible, and they have to "reset" it after feeding, which they do by pressing it against things.

Back