PDA

View Full Version : hype motley finally ate but still not the ultramel.

hype motley finally ate but still not the ultramel.

joann42
09-20-2011, 12:02 PM
So Im down to one non feeder.I was so relieved when that tiny hypo finally ate last night.But the ultramel still is a no go.I still havent found a lizard, they had none at the store.
Do you think this might work.I put her in a bin of eco earth instead of papertowel.I put in some natural hides along with her waterbowl.I am thinking i will leave her completely alone for two weeks except for watering.Then hopefully if ive found a lizard try a lizard scented prekilled pink.

She takes no interest in any of the mice/dead/alive/scented that ive tried.Its like they are just pieces of paper.She doesnt see them as food.
I dont understand this because im sure she ate for me the once.Now im second guessing that maybe I accidentally threw it away if it was stuck under her paper hide or something.She did leave a tiny spot of poop though.

IDK Im just stumped.

visceralrepulsion
09-23-2011, 05:04 PM
did you get your little one to eat yet?

joann42
09-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Im waiting a solid 2 weeks before I mess with her again by feeding.IDK maybe she needs to just sit for awhile.And I still have to get a lizard somewhere.

MysticExotics
09-23-2011, 05:51 PM
The one thing that has not failed me so far (knock on wood) is washed pinks with a small piece of anole skin on the head of the pinky.

I've also had success with washed pinks & fish oil scenting & even just washed pinks. Brokk, one of my Miami Tessera's refused everything I tried, until I washed the pink & used a small piece of anole shed. He gobbled that right up, & I used the anole shed a couple more times, & I'm happy to say that he ate his first UNwashed, UNscented pinky last night on his own.

visceralrepulsion
09-23-2011, 06:18 PM
have you tried your basic petstores like petco and petsmart? they usually always have anole lizards there. and its probably definitely a good idea to wait 2 weeks before trying again. i was told trying too often can stress them out, and that if you try farther apart the snake will be thinking more along the lines of "meals dont come around too often, better take this opportunity when its presented". and like nwheather was saying, people often have luck with soaking the pinkie in tuna juice (water, not oil), or chicken broth. but hopefully a little lizard will get her appetite up if nothing else. good luck. let us know what happens, i like hearing of stories like this having happy endings afterall.

MysticExotics
09-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I've never actually tried tuna juice. I use the fish oil capsules. I wash the pinks, then poke a hole in the fish oil capsule & dribble a bit of oil on the pinky. It's worked for some of my problem feeders.

Each baby will be different. What works for one, may not work for another.

Good luck in getting your baby to eat!