PDA

View Full Version : Medusa hasnt shed yet

Medusa hasnt shed yet

dsmr5456
09-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Hey everyone. I have had my yearling corn snake Medusa for about 3 months and the first time she shed her skin the day after coming out of blue. However this time she has been out of blue for 3 days and has not shed yet. Is this normal?

Nanci
09-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Are you sure the shed isn't hidden somewhere?

dsmr5456
09-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Yes I am possitive. I just replaced the bedding this morning and checked her hides. Any other ideas? Thank you for the suggestion so far Nancy

Nanci
09-22-2011, 05:25 AM
She should be shedding any time now. Are you positive she was blue, though? Is she out and about, or still hiding?

benr7sj
09-22-2011, 05:33 AM
My yearling male came out of blue about 4 days ago. checked his viv yesterday and found nothing. got up this morning and there was his shed. it should be anytime for yours but they take their time. i added a warm wet paper towel to his favorite hide to bring up the humidity temporarily too.

Susan
09-22-2011, 06:55 AM
I've had corns take over 2 weeks to finally shed after I see them in blue. It tends to make me doubt myself when I mark a record as the snake being in blue, and then nothing is found by the next feeding day a week later, and then the following week as well, but then I see one later that day or the next. And it has happened enough times for me to consider it a normal occurrence.

PS - Well, not exactly "normal", but rather "one of those things that are odd but don't be concerned about as it happens and is okay."

AliCat37
09-22-2011, 01:03 PM
I would take her out and handle her for about 5 minutes. When mine don't shed for 3 days after they've come out of blue I'll do that and then within five minutes of putting them back I find a nice shed :)

dsmr5456
09-23-2011, 01:34 AM
She just shed this evening! It was a little rough so I need to mist the cage next month but she is fine now. Thanks everyone