PDA

View Full Version : snake got stuck!

snake got stuck!

joeyd0123
10-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Hello, so I returned home today and found my snake stuck to the adhesive from the velcro thermometer! Idk how he got it off the glass but I soaked him in warm water and very slowly and gentley removed it (he helped) I noticed his eyes were starting to turn brown when there usually red but once he was off they started to turn red again. But now there's a little bit of brown around the outside part of his eye. Should I be concerned? I wanted to upload a pic but I'm having problems with my computer(I'm using my phone right now) also I'm going to bed so ill respond in the morning. If anyone could share their thoughts it would be wonderful! Thank you

schnebbles
10-20-2011, 11:44 PM
I hope he's ok, I don't know enough about snakes to advise you but I do remember once asking about using electric tape to tape down my thermostat probe & thermometer probes
and was told not unless I want my snake tangled in it. He told me (I think it was FatMan) to buy that stuff called sticky tack or there are lots of brands (walmart sells it in office/school supplies) - it's kinda like silly putty it sticks to walls so you can hang posters or whatever with no damage to the wall.

I hope he's ok & I'm sure you'll get good advice.

Dreamsnake
10-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Other people use hot glue to hold down the probes. I just let my guys drag their probes around and fix them later. Watch him for any signs of swelling or change in attitude/behavior.

Fatman608
10-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Should I be concerned?

Only if you handled him to roughly and you are the only one who can answer that question.

joeyd0123
10-21-2011, 07:10 AM
Only if you handled him to roughly and you are the only one who can answer that question.

I mean should I be concerned about his eyes being brown

Fatman608
10-21-2011, 09:45 AM
They were more then likely already "little bit of brown around the outside part of his eye".

There is a post here some where looking about it.

Found post, you mean like this (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116793).

joeyd0123
10-21-2011, 12:18 PM
They were more then likely already "little bit of brown around the outside part of his eye".

There is a post here some where looking about it.

Found post, you mean like this (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116793).

Hey thanks for replying, but not that I've already looked into that pigment. Hid whole eye was turning brown its kind of hard to explain
His eyes are usually all red but when he was stuck they were turning brown. Except a small red speckle in the center. Sorta like pupils

I hope someone can picture what I'm trying to say

Christen
10-21-2011, 12:34 PM
What it his eye it's self that was stuck to the tape?

joeyd0123
10-21-2011, 12:42 PM
What it his eye it's self that was stuck to the tape?

It could have gotten stuck but his head was free when I got to him. I'm never using any stuck on products again going out today and getting a duel probe thermometer and humidity readout.

I was also wondering if plumbers putty would be safe to hold the probes down. I am a plumber so I got a lot of it and it never gets hard

Fatman608
10-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Plumbers putty are you serious. It is a real snake not a toilet snake.

OK - done making fun of the plumber. I do HVAC. I am not sure what is in plumbers putty but I have handled a bunch of it over the years and it does't smell harsh at all. So I would say go ahead and use it. Plumbers putty can not be any more harsh than the blue sticky tack stuff I have recommend in the past but read the label first to see if it has bad warning. I say bad warning because very thing a plumber uses has warning.