PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Blue?/Feeding

Maybe Blue?/Feeding

musicts
10-22-2011, 11:55 AM
So, I was pretty sure on Sunday (the 16th) my male RO was blue, his eyes were cloudy. He's definitely been hiding away all week. I should have fed him Monday, but now it's Saturday (the 22nd) and he still hasn't shed. Maybe I was mistaken? Last time he shed within a day or two of cloudy eyes. He's about 4 months old, and the last time he shed was September 23. He's about 16 grams.

Should I go ahead and feed, or still keep waiting?! I'm still new at this, so I may have been mistaken about the cloudy eyes...

AliCat37
10-22-2011, 12:21 PM
You can usually tell if they are still in shed because their colors will still be off. Mine usually take about a 9 day cycle to shed. Waiting until monday to feed won't hurt.

musicts
10-22-2011, 04:58 PM
I can't tell by his colours, though I do notice the difference after he sheds. So should I feed Monday if he hasn't shed?

Fatman608
10-22-2011, 06:33 PM
I feed mine blue or not blue every 7 days. Sometimes if they are blue they will not eat but most of the time they do. The only thing I do different is if the snake is in blue and feeding on say hoppers I choose the smallest hopper for that snake and feed the larger hoppers to the other snakes.

schnebbles
10-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Hopefully you read my thread I had on feeding/blue - got different opinions but I'm going to try not to feed them when they are blue.

ceduke
10-23-2011, 02:13 AM
I feed on schedule, blue or not. I've never had a problem with it. Some people try to avoid feeding while in blue. It's a matter of preference, like feeding inside their own cage or in a separate cage.