PDA

View Full Version : Regurge observation

Regurge observation

Drizzt80
05-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Once again, asking a question based on observations in my very limited collection.

Charcoal cultivars and regurges? Granted there are a lot of cornsnakes out there, and a lot of snakes that regurge out there. I have noticed within my own collection, and from a conversation with another person, that my regurges have come mainly from charcoals and or blizzards.

Out of all snakes (over the last 3 years) I've had regurge, 6 of the 7, have been charcoals or blizzards. The other snake was a ghost.

I readily admit this is a small number to go on within a collection of 40 snakes, but it does strike me as interesting.

Questions would be:
1. Is it the charcoal cultivar that is more prone to regurging?
2. Is the charcoal cultivar itself more succeptible to stress, hence causing regurges or other ailments.
3. Is this just a minor fluctuation within my own collection and means nothing at all?

Again, just my curiousity getting the better of me!
D80

Edmund
05-04-2004, 01:33 PM
I think it's certainly possible. Seeing as how some cultivars are smaller and more prone to being finicky eaters and requiring anoles as hatchlings(miami phases), I don't see why the same couldn't be said for other cultivars having trouble keeping meals down. I would assume it's just a case of genetics passing along a weak stomach.

Interesting idea/observation...

Amanda E
05-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Well, I can't add to the charcoal debate as I don't have any, but if I were the one to have started this thread instead of Drizzt80, I might have asked if it was common to bloodreds.

Of the 3 snakes that have regurged in my care, 2 were bloodreds. (God, that's awful. :( I must be doing something wrong to have 3 out of 7 snakes regurg.)

I know this sample is small too, but ever since the 2 bloodreds regurged (about a year ago), I've been a bit leary of bloodreds, wondering if it is the morph.

Then again, a totally different snake of mine, which is also a bloodred, is my best eater. I wouldn't try it, but I think I could feed her anything/anytime and she would be okay and not regurg.

I think it's just a coincidence in both cases, bloodreds and charcoals.

J_Daniels
05-11-2004, 05:58 PM
I feel your pain. I have had two Amel. Stripsdie from impaction (only two snakes out of more than a dozen in the past few years that I've lost).

Odd part is, they were both fed out of their vivs, on paper towels...

So I guess if I had started this tread, it would be about Striped Amels. :crazy02: