PDA

View Full Version : OK is this a sunglow or Bloodred?

OK is this a sunglow or Bloodred?

Jr Nimeskern
06-19-2002, 02:04 AM
Here goes the pic from the top

Jr Nimeskern
06-19-2002, 02:11 AM
heres his view from bottom

pipatic
06-19-2002, 07:11 AM
SUNGLOW

Tim Madsen
06-19-2002, 07:30 AM
It doesn't look Bloodred, but the picture quality is to poor for me to say it is Sunglow. Sunglow is a type of amelanistic, Bloodred is not. Sunglows have no white on their sides and back, in fact they where called No Whites at one time. IMHO

pipatic
06-19-2002, 07:34 AM
i woud sunglow because what you can see of it,i have one almost the same just bigger,no white like yo say,orange with red/pink saddles

Darin Chappell
06-19-2002, 11:17 AM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see a pattern on those ventral scales. One question, does your snake have red eyes or dark ones? If they are dark, I'd go with bloodred until proven otherwise. If they are red, it may still be an amel bloodred, but that would seem unlikely to me unless you paid quite a bit for it. However, sunglows do have ventral patterns unless they are motley, but your snake's dorsal pattern looked normal to me.

Let us know -- Darin

pipatic
06-19-2002, 11:42 AM
well my sunglow has red eyes,and red to orange markings on the ventral scales....he also 7 y.o

Katie
06-19-2002, 12:25 PM
It dosen't look like it has a ventral pattern at all. If it doesn't have a ventral patteren, I'd be more inclined to say bloodred. Then again, I'm not that familiar with sunglow traits either. Just MHO

pipatic
06-19-2002, 12:41 PM
okay ,lets see what the big breeders say ,after all they prob see quite a few

kenalotia
06-19-2002, 12:58 PM
How old is this snake? If it's still young, I'd say it's a bloodred and the background and blotches haven't yet come so close in color. It's it's several years old, then I think the blotches should not be so distinct, and it's probably not a bloodred. Just my humble opinion. :)

Iris
06-19-2002, 06:33 PM
My friend has a 4 year old sunglow and he [the snake] has belly checks that aren't quite black but more like a light gray or brown...
Well anyway, what I mean to say is that I don't think it's a sunglow because sunglow is a type of amel and it should have belly checks.
I'm not familiar with bloodred traits but I do remember reading that they have plain bellies.

Jr Nimeskern
06-19-2002, 07:18 PM
Well now to give more info... Ive had problems with this corn cause I wasnt sure what it was... Ill probably just breed him when its time... hes only about 7 months old... he doesnt have any ventral pattern hes pretty much all whith at top then starts to change to red/orange at bottom... theres no checked effect at all... the pet store owner (who breeds his own corns) bought the snake as a Albino Bloodred from a breeder... he looked at it and said that he didnt think it was... then he put the label Sunglow on the cage that he was selling it... but the breeder sold it as a Amel Bloodred!!! not sure who to believe... but his eyes are red... the petstore still has more of this guys brothers and sisters hes selling them for 35$ each? would it be wise for me to pick somemore of them up? *some of the sisters and brothers have slight slight slight white outlines on the saddles... and I mean slight you can barley seem them unless you look...* any more opionions out there?

Jr Nimeskern
06-19-2002, 07:21 PM
Another pic of him...

Bish
06-19-2002, 08:28 PM
Sunglow!!!!!

Darin Chappell
06-20-2002, 12:33 PM
Congratulations! I'd say you just got a good deal on an albino bloodred. The no checks on the belly thing is too important a clue to overlook. If they were sold to the pet store owner as albino bloodreds, that's what they probably are. I wish I lived closer to where you are. If I did, you wouldn't have to wonder about going back for another one.

They'd all be gone already! :D

Darin

pinatamonkey
06-20-2002, 12:55 PM
I think the plain belly is the key. The only kinds of corns with plain bellies would be bloodred, motley, and stripe. The snake is not a stripe :p, doesn't look like a motley, soooo....

If you want any more snakes, go get 'em. Heck, $35 is even a good price for a sunglow.

kenalotia
06-20-2002, 01:02 PM
Ooh! I'm envious. I wish I could get an albino bloodred for $35. How long do you think it would take me to drive to Kansas from central NY?

pipatic
06-20-2002, 01:14 PM
i checked my (sunglow) it has no checked,patterns on belly but has lots of orange like the pic above.were the hand is
and all this time i thought it was a sunglow, well its up for sale to the best offer

Jr Nimeskern
06-20-2002, 03:17 PM
Hey Darin I could go and pick one up for you... I usually traval to Missori (sorry about the spelling) around the KC area... if you wouldnt mind meeting me in KC.?.?.? of course were not all sure if its a AMEL BLOODRED... BUT... pretty sure...

Darin Chappell
06-21-2002, 11:32 AM
Jr,

I tried to email you twice yesterday. Sorry if I have my wires crossed in getting back to you! I would love to meet you somewhere near KC to get an animal like the one you've shown here! Please email me at

dkchappell@pjcinsurance.com

And we'll make the neccessary arraingments. Thanks!

Darin