PDA

View Full Version : heat lamps at night

heat lamps at night

suthernsnail
05-05-2004, 07:31 AM
should heat lamps be left on all night right after feeding corns ,or should i turn them off. temp in house is usually at 73-74 degrees. is this too cold for digestion . thanks gail

MegF.
05-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Do you have an UTH in a hide? If you do, it should provide plenty of belly heat for digestion. I've never left a heat lamp on at night, and with summer here in full-force, I don't turn it on at all.

suthernsnail
05-05-2004, 01:29 PM
no i don't have a uth all my tanks are warmed with red heat bulbs ? beings i don't have the uth should i leave the heat lamp on overnight or let the temps drop to mid 70's overnight . i'm just concerned around digestion time. thanks gail p.s i have been turning them off during the day because it stays right around 78-79 in the tanks all day.

8Corn*Freak8
05-05-2004, 03:42 PM
UTH heaters are much more effective for snakes because snakes tend to get over heated in them and uth with some substrate does great for digestion and overall heating without the hassle of a heat lamp and when to have it on or off.

MegF.
05-05-2004, 09:21 PM
The UTH's are less drying too.

suthernsnail
05-06-2004, 06:02 PM
THANK YOU for all the replies about the heat lamps and uth but i still didn't get my question answered LOL . I DON'T HAVE THE UTH BUT MAY INVEST IN THEM BUT UNTIL I DO SHOULD I LEAVE the heat lamps on over night during digestion if temp in the house is 74 -76 ? sorry about the caps i'm really not screaming . thanks again folks have a great day:p

MegF.
05-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Your snake can't see the red light, so it shouldn't bother them that way. I'd leave it on for a warm spot until you can get an UTH that will give you better belly heat.