PDA

View Full Version : thank everything, he ate!

thank everything, he ate!

Hexadeci
11-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Sherlock finally ate! I bought a batch of pinkies from Kahoots (switching from Petco's Arctic Mice), fed him the head and shoulders thawed in hot water with a bit of benebac powder on it and he ate it!

But I'm still worried. He was pretty eager to take it, but he struggled for several minutes longer than usual trying to get it down. He had it in the back of his mouth for what seemed forever, contorting and quivering with the effort. Maybe it's just because it's a shorter item that gives less leverage, but I really hope nothing is wrong with his jaw or mouth or something.

I really hope he doesn't regurge again. This is 3 weeks already since the regurge: 10 days later, ate a head, 5 days later refused food, 3 days later refused food, and now 5 days later he finally ate a head and shoulders.

Anyway, I'm going to hope all is well and celebrate his finally accepting food! Parents are less than supportive, so here I am.

schnebbles
11-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Good news! I hope nothing is wrong. I can relate to coming here to rejoice! I do it too.

Nanci
11-07-2011, 05:26 AM
Congratulations!

Hexadeci
11-10-2011, 01:19 AM
He digested properly! Yay! None of that weird under digested goop. I think I have never been so happy to find poop, though the first time was pretty exciting too.