PDA

View Full Version : 3rd time Regurigitated

3rd time Regurigitated

PAIN
11-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Ok so I am now at my whits end with what to do. My yearling has regurgiated its 3rd feeding now.

This is what I have tried:

- waited 12 days between
- tooth picked the head
- cleaned the tank
- temp up to 1 degree
- fresh water twice a day(bottled water)

My girlfriend thinks that ever since the passing of the other yearling the current one is lonely. The other one died due to regurigitating as well.

I am going to be building new enclosures this coming week so hoping that may do something.

Any sugguestions or is my snake dying of a broken heart?

schnebbles
11-13-2011, 09:44 PM
I don't know but since everyone seems to think they aren't social, then you wouldn't think that would be the case.

Hopefully someone smarter than me comes in on the regurge, I don't have a clue, I hope it doesn't happen again.

I wonder why you are having such a problem with regurge?

JoannaD
11-13-2011, 09:45 PM
I'd be worried that your current snake has whatever illness killed your last snake. Snakes don't have emotions like humans or other mammals. They don't have that kind of a brain.

At this point don't feed your snake for 12-14 days and then you could try just a pinky head or a very small pinky. But I think it may be time to take your snake in to the vet and get some tests on any fecal material you might be able to get. I'd be quite concerned that your snake had a serious infection.

If you have any other snakes I would make sure that they are separated from the one that is regurgitating. Make sure you deal with the currently healthy animals first and wash your hands extremely well after any interaction with the sick snake.

Good luck.

JoannaD
11-13-2011, 09:46 PM
What are the cage temps?

What substrate are you using?

PAIN
11-13-2011, 10:02 PM
What are the cage temps?

What substrate are you using?

26C degrees daily
24C degrees nightly

I am using Shaved Aspen same as what I use in the BIG BOY tank and he is 110% fine and eating like a champ every feeding.

When you say fecal material, thats an issue there hasnt been any.

JoannaD
11-13-2011, 10:08 PM
How and where are you measuring the temps. If there is no temp gradient in the viv then I would warm up the cage by 1 degree Celsius ( around 80 F). Ideally you want a warm spot on the belly to be around 85 and a cool spot around 75.

The substrate is absolutely fine.

PAIN
11-13-2011, 10:29 PM
How and where are you measuring the temps. If there is no temp gradient in the viv then I would warm up the cage by 1 degree Celsius ( around 80 F). Ideally you want a warm spot on the belly to be around 85 and a cool spot around 75.

The substrate is absolutely fine.

So you say 27 day and 25 night? I do have a wired temp gage in the warm area and another in the cool area.

Right now I have moved her into her own quarantined container in her tank, thinking that it could be something in the tank itself. I wasted it and used deluted hand sanitizer(3 drops) with hot water and then rinsed it out with hot water again. The container in ontop of the heat pad.

JoannaD
11-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Where is the temp gage checking the temps, air substrate or glass on top of the heat pad?

PAIN
11-13-2011, 10:56 PM
It is taking the temp on the warm side about middle of the substrate and heat pad (between glass and top of substrate) and same with the cool side

Fatman608
11-13-2011, 11:27 PM
I think your temps are to low.

Warm side should be 30 C or 85 F all the time until it stops regurgitating.
Cool side does not matter but with your problems I would keep it at least 24 C or 75 F.

I would get some NutriBac fast.

PAIN
11-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Cheers Fatman getting some tomorrow

Hexadeci
11-14-2011, 12:14 AM
If there's another regurge or even just poop, I would collect samples and take it to the vet at that point. 3 is Not Good, and I would be concerned about a transmitted disease from the other snake.