PDA

View Full Version : pinkie sounds from snake

pinkie sounds from snake

KEYNA
05-07-2004, 06:53 PM
hi all , i have an adult amelanistic and i hear what sounds like a pinkie squeaking when i hold him. it's not all of the time but often enough i'm concerned . could this be a mating sound that snakes use beings it's breeding season or could it be the start of a respitory problem? i just got him today so i don't know his background. if anyone thinks it's respitory what do i do ? there is no mucus or bubbles and he doesn't breath with his mouth open that i've noticed. he is active also. i do know he was in a tank with a large bowl of water and he liked to lay in the water most of the time . the store was warm but no heat lamp was over him . before he came to petstore i don't know what his environment was. thank you for all replies keyna

suthernsnail
05-12-2004, 04:10 PM
keep the heat on him for about a wk if it is an infection it should knock it out . high up around 90degrees. suthernsnail

Acradon
05-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Well i'd say it could (could) be something that has to do with the respiratory system.
I bring all my new ones to the vet anyway for a general check up. It is the best option.

Acradon

KEYNA
05-13-2004, 06:35 PM
do snakes get asthma he seems to be fine till he takes a deep breath not all the time he will do it. thanks keyna

Acradon
05-14-2004, 04:55 AM
Did he shed recently? Sometimes a whistling noise occurs when skin from the nose is not shed off correctly.

Acradon

KEYNA
05-14-2004, 07:44 AM
yes he did about a week ago but i dont see any loose skin around his nose how long will it be before he sheds again he is about 4 years old i think i know my little babys shed about once a month.

Acradon
05-14-2004, 10:56 AM
I'd say that can take a while now. Since he is not growing that fast anymore and 90% off his foodmass goes into heating and moving.

Acradon

newt
05-17-2004, 10:04 AM
The sound you hear is him telling you to back off. He might not be very comfortable or a little stressed. Hes not sick all snakes hiss. My corns do the same thing its usally when Im cleaning their viv. Or when I take out the female. I know it doesn't sound like a hiss more like a peep, but its fine dont worry.

newt:D