PDA

View Full Version : Could my new corn snake be stress?.

Could my new corn snake be stress?.

Holly12
12-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone yesterday I got my 2 corn snake and late lastnight he hack his food up not much but a little bit. And I try to see if he will eat and he did not so could it be that he regurgitate his food because of stress?. Going into a new place and everything around him is all new? if anyone could help me on this I would appreciate it and now should I wait until Friday to try feeding him again?.

Thanks. :)

Nanci
12-03-2011, 11:38 AM
When you get a new snake you are not supposed to handle it for a week. At all. Then after a week feed. Then you can begin handling after it digests, two or three days later.

Now since your snake regurgitated, you need to follow the regurge protocol. Do not feed for ten days. Feed a mouse half the size of what was regurgitated. Slit the skin on the back and sides of the mouse with a small scissors. Put Nutribac on the mouse. You can get Nutribac from Kathy Love, or a number of other places.

Holly12
12-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Okay thanks Nanci that is what I will do then. :)

Holly12
12-03-2011, 01:46 PM
I look at my money and I found that I will not be able to get the Nutribac because I just don't have the money. With the holidays here money is very tight I don't know what I'm going to do now I guess I will wait 10 days and feed it again and hope for the best for the snake. :(

Iulia
12-03-2011, 04:24 PM
I guess it is too late now if you already did, but why did you buy a new pet if you don't have sufficient funds to pay for medical care for it if necessary, Christmas or not?

Its not like Christmas is a surprise each year, is it!

Holly12
12-03-2011, 05:18 PM
I guess it is too late now if you already did, but why did you buy a new pet if you don't have sufficient funds to pay for medical care for it if necessary, Christmas or not?

I thought I had some exta money but I don't somethings have came up that I was not expecting so no need to jump on me over this.

Hillybean
12-03-2011, 06:01 PM

Its very common on here and other forums. I have seen many corns come up for sale, due to health issues, lack of funds to feed them, or because someone got in over their head, etc. It is sad, but it happens in all species of animals.

As we all know christmas time and purchases just makes it worse.

AliCat37
12-03-2011, 06:04 PM
The nutribac is only $15 from Kathy Love, I just got mine today and I have already added it to my regurgers water. You really need to get it, I thought that feeding half the meal and slitting it would be fine after I found the first regurge, but she spat the small slit meal up too.

Holly12
12-03-2011, 07:22 PM
No worries pepole I'm on my way to a pet store that is kinda far they have 6 bottles left of the Nutribac they got in 3 days ago. So I have to go they are open until 9.30pm it is a family store the family owns the store. Wish me alot of luck I got some money from a friend next door. :)

Holly12
12-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Okay just got back and I have the Nutribac in 8 days I will try to put that stuff on the pinkie and see how the snake does. The man that runs the pet store orders this stuff from Amozon.com and he stocks it. I was so happy that my friend nextdoor help me with this one I will pay her back soon lol. :)

schnebbles
12-03-2011, 10:40 PM
I wish you luck Holly. I just got my nutribac too, I had ordered it but was waiting for something else to ship with it, but then I had a regurge so I had her ship it immediately.

I just gave my snake his first dose a while ago.

Ali - you should have gotten one of those tube kits too, I got one and it makes it easier to make sure your snake is getting it. Kathy L said if you put it in their water you have to change it every 24 hours. I'm not sure if you guys talked, I'm just saying what she told me. I need to make mine thicker next time.

schnebbles
12-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Holly - Meanwhile, since you don't have a tube like I got, put some in the snakes water but be sure to change it out everyday - note post above to Ali. Kathy Love told me it goes bad so make sure to change it. As far as how much, I'm not really sure, I'd put the smallest possible water holder you can find and at least do that until you try to feed. If I were you, I'd wait at least 10 days. That's another tip Kathy gave me. She's been my snake lifeline lately!

EDIT: Holly - Kathy also told me not to let even 1 drop of water in the nutribac jar or you could ruin the whole jar. Just another thing I noticed as I was going over everything she's sent me. You sure don't want to ruin it!

AliCat37
12-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah I read somewhere that the water needs to be changed daily, which is fine. I worry about the tube feeding part simply because I also read somewhere not to handle them until they've been keeping meals down to reduce stress, I can imagine that tube feeding is stressful. The snake is so small, so she has such a tiny water dish that putting it in the water is not a big deal.

Holly12
12-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Can I give my snake his first dose now? or do I just wait until tomorrow morning? or just wait in 8 days?. :)

schnebbles
12-03-2011, 11:04 PM
the only way you are going to be able to dose him is in his water, so put it in whenever you want. Just make sure to change the water within 24 hours.

Ali - I have a tiny one I'm working with too and I'm afraid for her. I tried tube feeding her tonight but that didn't go well at all. So I stressed her for nothing which really upsets me. I'm going to be mad at myself if something happens. I guess it's a toss up as to getting more nutribac in and stressing them or not as much nutribac and no stress. I know you'll be able to get more in it when you feed it again.

Holly12
12-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Okay I will put some in the water and change it in 24 hours thanks all of you for the help on this I'm just glad that I thought of asking my friend nextdoor for the money. And that she took me to this pet store she goes too she was a life saver. :)