PDA

View Full Version : Picture Editing

Picture Editing

zorro
12-03-2011, 07:08 PM
What do you use or would suggest as a quick and easy picture editing program mostly resizing. Got to be inexpensive!! Mine is getting old and doesn't work well on Vista.
Thanks
John

Nanci
12-03-2011, 07:11 PM
picresize.com is free and simple.

Gimp is free- I find it complicated.

I use Thumbs Plus, but it is expensive.

Nanci
12-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Actually, Thumbs Plus is on sale right now!! You only need the regular version.

http://www.cerious.com/

hypnoctopus
12-03-2011, 09:35 PM
I use GIMP - totally free. I find it easy to use, but I've been using it for a long time, so maybe I'm just used to it.

SquamishSerpents
12-03-2011, 10:45 PM
GIMP for free editing

and a program called Light Image Resizer by Obvious Idea. it is simply the best photo resizer, EVER. you can select multiple photos directly from Windows Explorer (by ctrl clicking) and then right click, and it automatically opens your selection of photos with Light Image Resizer and from there it gives you all sorts of options. and it's free, too. you can pay (as there is a 20 second dialogue at the beginning in the free version) but i just wait the 20 seconds each time, it's all good.

Susan
12-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm currently using Corel PaintShop Pro 2X (http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?pid=prod3430254&cid=catalog20038&segid=253&storeKey=us&languageCode=en). It does everything I've needed my photo editing software for plus can do more that I have no idea how to use. My daughter is much better at using this sort of stuff. I have no idea what you call inexpensive, but since this is an older version, but still available, I would call it within my budget if I needed a new program. The newer version is a little pricier.

WingedSweetheart
12-04-2011, 12:18 AM
I use photoshop (CS4). But to just resize I use MS Paint which comes with every windows program lol.

ZoologyGirl
12-04-2011, 02:42 AM
I do most of my editing with GIMP, free.

toxiclight
12-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I use Photoshop, but it's definitely not a cheap option. Irfanview does simple resizing, and it's free. GIMP is a little more complex, and also free. You can also resize and do quite a bit of editing via Google Photos.

ShenziSixaxis
12-07-2011, 05:03 PM
I absolutely hate GIMP. Not only is it not particularly "marketed" for picture editing, editing a LOT of images can be timely on it. I use PhotoScape, a free and light downloadable program. It starts up fast, edits quickly with quick processing times, and can do quite a bit. It's very simple to use, as well. I've been able to do everything I've needed to do without wondering how, including resize one or many photos at the same time, fix the color/contrast, put two images together, and also crop images. It's very simple and perfect if you don't need to do a lot of heavy editing (and if you need to do heavy editing, maybe you need a new camera? xD).

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

zorro
12-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the input, I must of gone through 8-10 demos and found that Irfanview was the quickest and easiest of all of them.
John

dave partington
12-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Hey John,
iwebalbum
free download, find it thru a web search.
makes a photo album with thumbs of the size you choose,
instantly resizes all images, optimizes them.
you can then add captions if you like.
This auto-generates small pics linked to the larger pics.
It then saves to the folder you designate
so you can upload the entire folder to your website.
Also has SlideShow embedded in it.
Here's an example.
http://www.davesfiles.com/Critters/Daytona2009
Hope this helps.
dp

Dakafall
12-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I have CS4 but I like to do most of my editing in fireworks just cus I learned that first. But for quick resize and whatnot I find that Windows Live Photo Gallery does just fine

PAIN
12-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Irfan View I love it. So easy to use
http://www.irfanview.com/

wowfood
01-18-2012, 02:37 PM
I used to use gimp, but I started to get annoyed with it for some reason. Now I do all my edits using Paint.NET

Its another free editor like gimp, I just prefer it, both are about the same quality, both have a ton of plugins if you don't get along with gimp then give it a go.

Hethiss
01-19-2012, 08:43 AM
I used to use GIMP before I got myself a DSLR now I am using Cs4 and lightroom. But I found GIMP to be pretty good for when I used it.

Nanci
01-19-2012, 10:54 AM
I just switched from Windows to Mac, so now I'm trying to learn Lightroom, and decide if that's all I want. I've also looked at Photo Mechanic for doing the major culling at the beginning, and then importing to LR. I'm not finding LR intuitive/easy to crop with- so I've also looked at Click 2 Crop, but I think I just really ought to change my way of thinking and make LR work for me. There's a REALLY nice tutorial app for LR, BTW...

arparaspolo
01-19-2012, 02:32 PM
pant.net free and easy to use.

Ixchel
01-19-2012, 02:49 PM
I know that he found what he was looking for but if you don't need to edit many at once, I find MSPaint, perfect for resizing and cropping. Very common-sense and comes with Windows automatically... I've never tried image editing on a different OS so I can't give much help for the unix based systems.

saphire1983
04-20-2012, 06:27 PM
I use paint for all of my pictures, to make them black n white, resize focus more, its the best you can really get without download/costing you anything :-)