PDA

View Full Version : Wild Anery in Virginia!

Wild Anery in Virginia!

Rinpu
05-10-2004, 06:37 PM
I caught my first snake of the season this morning, and to my luck, it was a corn! It was a little Anery, maybe a year old or so judging by length. Strangely enough, Anerys seem o be almost as common in my area as normals...

I wish I could have snapped a picture, but I was at work at the time and didn't have a camera. I hope that's a sign that this is going to be a snakey summer!

mattsnake
05-10-2004, 07:20 PM
What area of Virginia was this?

8Corn*Freak8
05-10-2004, 07:30 PM
I was just wondering if there were any corns in Pennsylvania because in all my snake hunts threw the woods i've never found a corn. The only snakes i found it Copper heads, Garter snakes and Common water snakes.

mattsnake
05-10-2004, 07:56 PM
No corns in Pennsylvania.

None up here in Massachusets either.:(

All I see is garters, northern waters, and eastern milks. Copperheads and timber rattlers are critically endangered in the Bay State.

Tim Madsen
05-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Most likely it was a juvenile black rat snake. They have the same pattern as corns and are grey in color. The pattern disappears as they grow and turn black.

Rinpu
05-22-2004, 02:43 AM
<i>Most likely it was a juvenile black rat snake. They have the same pattern as corns and are grey in color. The pattern disappears as they grow and turn black.</i>

Ah, OK. Thanks for the clarification!

I've been finding solid black baby snakes for years--I had always assumed those were the black rat babies, because they look identical to the adults. Now I'm curious to know what they really are, if black rats actually start out grey and patterned like corns.

Shaky
05-24-2004, 11:59 AM
The small black ones are more than likely racers.

snakerake
05-24-2004, 06:17 PM
if you have ablack racer shaky ill buy it from you for 15$.

Quigs
05-24-2004, 07:57 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ!

Shaky was responding to Rinpu about his local findings in the wild! He never once stated that he had ANYTHING for sale!

Please pay attention, I have noticed this from you through MANY posts!

snakerake
05-24-2004, 09:18 PM
your like spitfire always makin gfun of my posts.