PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP ME

PLEASE HELP ME

jessicashallperish
12-08-2011, 02:32 AM
so, a few months ago i purchased four baby(2011) corn snakes. 2 aneries(one was motley) a snow stripe and an amel. all female and non related. one anery was a non feeder. i wasnt aware of this until after i tried to feed her. the other anery and the amel both had a regurge once i got them home. followed regurge protocol and regurged again. anery died the next day, shortly after, so did the amel. AND the other anery still wasnt feeding.. and soon passed(i had tried EVERYTHING)
the breeder replaced them with a male snow motley, an anery female, and a larger female(2010) snow. anery and motley snow both regurged when i got them home, i thought this was stress related.. apparently not. i followed regurge protocol, and again when i tried to feed the snow, he would take food. today, he is DEAD. and the anery looked as if she was going to regurge, so i left her alone to wait and see. i just checked on her. she is dead, her tongue is hanging out, and she smells rotten.
so i check on the other snow, the larger 2010 female, who recently had a shed. she has regurged WTF. all my temps are correct and snakes have hides and plenty of water etc. i don't understand what is going on!!:( my other snakes, all ate yesterday, (which was when i fed) and they are all happy, pooping drinking shedding bright eyed tongue flickers... the snow stripe was purchased from the same breeder and she is doing fantastic. can someone please help me. :(!

MysticExotics
12-08-2011, 02:40 AM
so, a few months ago i purchased four baby(2011) corn snakes. Who did you get them from?2 aneries(one was motley) a snow stripe and an amel. all female and non related. one anery was a non feeder. i wasnt aware of this until after i tried to feed her. the other anery and the amel both had a regurge once i got them home. Did you try to feed them right after bringing them home, or did the person you got them from feed them right before you got them?followed regurge protocol and regurged again. anery died the next day, shortly after, so did the amel. AND the other anery still wasnt feeding.. and soon passed(i had tried EVERYTHING)
the breeder replaced them with a male snow motley, an anery female, and a larger female(2010) snow. anery and motley snow both regurged when i got them home, (how soon are you feeding them, after you bring them home?)i thought this was stress related.. apparently not. i followed regurge protocol, and again when i tried to feed the snow, he would take food. today, he is DEAD. and the anery looked as if she was going to regurge, so i left her alone to wait and see. i just checked on her. she is dead, her tongue is hanging out, and she smells rotten.
so i check on the other snow, the larger 2010 female, who recently had a shed. she has regurged WTF. sometimes they will regurge if fed during the shed process. Some morphs are easier to tell when they're in blue, & some are not as easier. Lighter colored corns like Snows can be hard to tell sometimes.all my temps are correct what exactly are your temps?and snakes have hides and plenty of water etc. i don't understand what is going on!!:( my other snakes, all ate yesterday, (which was when i fed) and they are all happy, pooping drinking shedding bright eyed tongue flickers... the snow stripe was purchased from the same breeder and she is doing fantastic. can someone please help me. :(!

I'm sorry that you lost some of the snakes.
When you say you followed the regurge protocol, will you list what you did?

RobbiesCornField
12-08-2011, 02:45 AM
Whatever is going on, it's sounds like it's very serious, and is coming from the breeder. Personally, I would avoid bringing any more animals from that breeder into my home until I found out exactly what the problem was.

The FIRST thing I would do, though, is have a necropsy done on one or some of the ones that died to get an idea to see if it's some sort of disease that could affect the rest of your collection.

I would also test the water to see if there's an issue in there. How were all of these babies housed? You mentioned plenty of hides, perfect temps, and whatnot. Are they all in a rack? Tanks? If they're all in a rack on one thermostat, I would check the temperature probe you're using for the heater. On second thought, do that even if they're all in tanks on separate thermostats. There are several places that sell infrared thermometers that can give wonderfully accurate measurements.

jessicashallperish
12-08-2011, 02:47 AM
i got them from a local breeder in my area named pat. he has all kinds of reptiles, and i guess doesnt care about the well being of them.
they were fed right before i brought them home, and two regurged the night i brought them home(this is the motley and the anery). i waited 10 days, because theyre little guys, and put nutribac in their water, changing it everyday. and fed the two that had regurged smaller pinks, one i fed a head, and the other part of the body. the bigger snow shed three days before i fed her. i figured that was fine. my temps are between 74(cool side) and 85, warm side. they all have a heating pad under their tank (only on part of it) and with the bigger tanks i have a light as well. and a hide on each side of the tank.

MysticExotics
12-08-2011, 02:47 AM
If you do take any in for a necropsy, do not put them in the freezer, put them in the fridge, until you can get them to the vet (as soon as possible, to better determine the cause.)

jessicashallperish
12-08-2011, 02:48 AM
before i got them they were all housed in small deli cups, even the 2010 snow, but now they all have their own either tank or container.

jessicashallperish
12-08-2011, 02:52 AM
i feel like the ones that had died had something wrong with them before hand. cus i've gotten a few from him that have no issues at all, i think he's trying to make a profit on EVERY little snake he can, quantity over quality. i know that i'm not getting anymore reptiles from this man.

jessicashallperish
12-08-2011, 02:53 AM
also the anery has the pink half, halfway in her mouth, like she was regurging and didnt get it all the way out? maybe suffocated?

RobbiesCornField
12-08-2011, 02:59 AM
Suffocation would really only be an option if the glottis had been blocked. I still say have a necropsy done, and double check your temperatures with a different device.

jessicashallperish
12-08-2011, 03:00 AM
and the motley isnt completely dead,i thought he was, but hes kinda moving, but part of his body is bloated, and it he just looks weird to me. idk. upsetting

bitsy
12-08-2011, 03:05 AM
but part of his body is bloated

Major red flag.

That could be a very bad sign. Whereabouts is the bloating on his body?

jessicashallperish
12-08-2011, 03:13 AM
like an 1-2 inches or so behind his head, and when he breathes (what little breathing he is doing) it inflates and deflates. they were both fed EXTREMELY large pinkies by the breeder two days before i got them (like, xl pinkies, mind you, these snakes are about a month or two old) and they BOTH regurged those huge pinkies, do you think it could have punctured something?

jessicashallperish
12-08-2011, 03:14 AM
im currently cleaning, changing out bedding and disinfecting every cage in this room.

schnebbles
12-08-2011, 03:15 AM
I don't know but I wanted to say I'm very sorry. I don't think it was a good idea for him to feed then send them along to you but gosh, for that many to die in such a short time?

I hope you figure it out.

jessicashallperish
12-08-2011, 03:19 AM
its just odd to me. i've lost 5 hatchlings from this guy, i didn't want to get more from him after the first three, but he replaced the dead ones free of charge, and now im having more trouble :/

RobbiesCornField
12-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Demand your money back. Or ask him to pay for the necropsy. Or both!

jessicashallperish
12-08-2011, 03:27 AM
i'm just gonna get my money back and start over. im cleaning everyones cage EXTREMELY WELL cus theyre all kept in the same area. and hoping this doesnt happen again