PDA

View Full Version : Need help with corn not putting on weight

Need help with corn not putting on weight

joann42
12-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Okay so I have one baby that is just not putting on weight.Ive had her since August when she weighed in at 4 grams...Now I have some others that I got at exactly the same time with the same weight and they are all putting on some length and girth, even though some more then others.All kept in exactly the same conditions.Fed the same as well..

So this is my little anery stripe and she is still 4 grams and is soo skinny.She eats awesome and hasnt ever skipped a meal.She has shed twice..IDK she just doesnt look right, has such a thin body compared to her length.

The two smallest, this one and a little hypo(who is growing fine, at least has a decent girth on him) I tried to bump up to two pinks and while the little skinny anery handled it the hypo puked one up.So Im back down to giving only one.I dont want the anery to puke, it would be a major set back.
Would it be okay if I started giving her food every three days????
Should i score the pinks to make them digest faster(she digests super fast anyway and always have poops like the next day).

Any ideas or help would be great.

AliCat37
12-20-2011, 10:36 AM
I wouldn't feed her every three days. Some snakes just naturally grow slower. When you say that she is skinny, can you see her spine? As always, pictures would help. If she is actually underweight, I'd consider taking her to the vet, or getting a fecal done on her to make sure she doesn't have any sort of parasite.

Shiari
12-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Definitely score the pinks. Unfortunately, it sounds like she may have metabolic issues that are preventing her from using all her nutrients properly. Maybe also try getting some nutribac to apply to the pink?