PDA

View Full Version : Splinter during feeding?!?!

Splinter during feeding?!?!

Aaron1994
12-24-2011, 12:01 AM
I just fed my corn snake a meal, as she was eating it she took the food off the paper towel I laid down for her so she doesnt swallow any substrate and got a fat piece of aspen shaving on her mouth it almost looked like it was slightly jabbed into the side of her mouth instantly my heart sunk I don't know what to do, she slithered away under her substrate she seemed ok but it looked like she was holding a tiny toothpick in her mouth kind of thing. She just had a big fuzzy rat and looks full, I would have went in and pulled it out of her mouth but did not want to risk her regurging or being overwhelmed with sudden stress near her face after eating, will she be ok? even if it really is jabbed into her mouth can she get it out? kind of like how they shed and slide against hides? I am worried sick

Aaron1994
12-24-2011, 12:02 AM
***she pulled it off the paper towel swallowing it** forgot that part

AliCat37
12-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah, she'll be fine. Sometimes my lizard gets substrate in his mouth if I dropped a cricket and he grabbed it, I'll just pull it out. I don't want to get my hands near my snakes' mouths after feeding haha. But your snake will be just fine :) I feed mine in the viv too.

AliCat37
12-24-2011, 12:12 AM
Oops, I misread your post, I thought you pulled it out. I still think she'll be fine though, I'm sure mine have gotten aspen in their mouths before too. You can always just peek in to check and see if it is there, but more than likely she'd have rubbed it out herself.

Aaron1994
12-24-2011, 12:12 AM
Thanks, I feel reassured. I heard that reptiles have a tough time healing and don't want her mouth especially to be injured. Yeah I would have jumped in her viv and yanked that substrate off her mouth but it sure was a gamble