PDA

View Full Version : Not eating!?!?!

Not eating!?!?!

benjim
12-27-2011, 07:36 PM
My corn snake won't eat, he hasn't regurgitated and all heating is fine, a cool side and a warm side. He hasn't shed in a while either, it's been exactly 12 days since his last feeding and when I put him and the mouse in his feeding cage he pays no attention to the Mose I've tried moving it around, closing up the box and leaving him alone nothings working this is VERY URGENT!?!?!?!?!?!:awcrap:

AliCat37
12-28-2011, 12:32 AM
12 days certainly is nothing to worry about. If he's in good weight, I'd simply just wait another week and offer him again.

Nanci
12-28-2011, 05:23 AM
How many days has it been since he shed? Is he active at night or hiding away?

benjim
12-28-2011, 09:06 AM
I've been offering him every day, I just left a Mouse in his cage over night and it was just moved to the opposite side of the cage, it's been a very long time since his last shed

Khena
12-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Offering every day isn't a good idea. You should only offer every 3 days or so, otherwise the snake might be put off eating even more. Snakes, even tiny hatchlings, can go months without eating. If it's been awhile since he shed, it may be that keeping him off eating, or simply the time of year. Not sure how old your snake is though.

Good luck!

benjim
12-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks and okay, I feel a little better. He is about 14-16 months old and has always been a good shedder (like clock work every month) and a ravenous eater, so I was worried. He is still moving around quite a lot at night. I got his new, bigger viv for Christmas and am eager to move him, but I want to wait till he eats so he's not stressed by a new home. Thanks again all.

benjim
01-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Alright, thanks everyone, he ate the mouse and is doing fine thanks again!

MTAlJams
01-11-2012, 08:36 PM
My corn goes through a time every year where he wont eat for weeks at a time. Right now for example, he's in his feeding container, with a mouse in there but won't eat it. Nothing really to worry about