PDA

View Full Version : good news! and a que.

good news! and a que.

iluvsammy
05-13-2004, 09:33 AM
My corn snake finally lost his tail it is so butiful now. Right after it fell off he shed wonderfully his first complete full shed. I do have a question though....... he did somthing wierd, he was not completely done shedding but he went back into the dead skin, i didn't finish watching him but i was wondering if that was some kind of wierd technique. ?????? thanks
:D

DavidM
05-13-2004, 10:10 AM
One of mine did that too, on two separate occasions. It seemed to be deliberate, and has had no harmful effects.

David

h0mersimps0n
05-13-2004, 01:09 PM
ummmm what!?!?!?!?!!!!

Corns aren't gecko's, from what I've read they don't just "lose their tails"

someone explain?

anny
05-13-2004, 01:57 PM
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11530

His corn had a bad shed, kept it's "tail skin" and that cut off circulation. It's not a normal, every day thing. There was just a small problem, but the snake will be fine.

MegF.
05-13-2004, 04:11 PM
One weird thing mine did was poop in the shed. She ate just a few days before shed, and pooped as she was shedding. Easiest cage cleanup ever! All wrapped up in a bag so to speak :)

Skye
05-13-2004, 05:42 PM
all my adults poop when they shed

Skye

MegF.
05-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Really? This is the first time she's ever done that. She's a June 03'.

DAND
05-14-2004, 06:21 AM
I have found that a lot of them poop when they shed. I have other snakes besides corns and they do it too. Most of my pythons and boas leave a wrapped package for me instead of a pile of wet bedding.

iluvsammy
05-14-2004, 08:39 AM
My corn isn't so nice as to leave wast all wrapped up. He waits and has to do it on the glass bottom in a corner! he really loves me. Hey thanks for the replies everyone.

DAND
05-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Don't get me wrong, they all don't wrap it up. The others are potty trained also, but they go in their water bowls:toiletgra.

whtig
05-24-2004, 01:37 AM
my snakes have never pooped in a shed but i know they love me cuz my male ghost likes to poop on the side of the glass and smear it all along the sides .goes for alot of tank washing.
:uhoh:

snake novice
05-25-2004, 02:41 PM
until I feed them. it seems like no matter how long between feedings they like to release their bowels into the feeding container. This doesn't happen everytime either, but both of my snakes have done it several times. They eat, then poop. makes it easy to clean because I can just rinse it out. However, it is kind of gross when the snakes move through it.

CZ