PDA

View Full Version : Is this a regurge?

Is this a regurge?

Tattery
01-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Today I looked in one of my darling's tanks, and saw this.... I fed him Friday night, and only noticed it today. I'm kinda freaking out... If it is a regurge, what do I do?

beautifullywild77
01-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Looks like one to me! I would get some Nurtibac and follow the regurge plan!

Tattery
01-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Crap. Umm, where do I get that, how do I use it, and what is the regurge plan..? Sorry for being so clueless...

airenlow
01-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Search for Nanci's regurge protocol. Nutribac is on Kathy Love's website.

beautifullywild77
01-11-2012, 03:26 PM
I found this information~

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17308

Kathy Love sells nutribac! I bought ours from bean farm. But I would follow Kathy's regurg plan

beautifullywild77
01-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Or Nanci's they both are very experienced!

OkeeteeMom
01-11-2012, 03:32 PM
This is an excellent thread to subscribe to: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

I bought my NB from Kathy Love and followed her suggestions as well as Nanci's. My regurg boy is doing really well.

Good Luck!

Tattery
01-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Alrighty. Thank you so much for your help!

Christen
01-11-2012, 05:52 PM
I am not 100% sure that it is regurge. Put it in water if it breaks up then no it is not regurge, if it doesn't then yes you have a regurge and start the protocol.

AliCat37
01-11-2012, 06:35 PM
It definitely looks like a regurge to me. I also have had great success with the nutirbac and the regurge protocol!

Hexadeci
01-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Looks like a regurgitated pinky to my limited experience. I say this in part because I don't see anything like urates, suggesting which end of the snake it came from. The pink part looks like skin, maybe that is the head toward the bottom of the picture, and the other end is the most digested. Out of curiosity, which end on the mouse went down first? Also smell: did it smell more like bird poop (poop) or rotten eggs/rancid meat (regurge).

Just wanted to point out, poop doesn't always break down in water. I've tried with both known and unknown samples, and sometimes the dark solids in the poop just don't change much, but they were very small and dense to begin with.

It would be helpful to everyone on this forum to add this example to the poop/regurge thread: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97648&highlight=poop+thread

For sure follow the Kathy's regurge advice and use a pro-biotic. I'm using Benebac for reptiles (it was faster to get a hold of than Nutribac) and as far as I see, it's the same benefit, very similar bacterial cultures, only no vitamins (does Nutribac have vitamins? I forget). Take it easy on handling and slowly work the little guy back up to normal prey size. I did this for my regurge baby and he's doing just fine now.

Almost forgot to mention, is he going into shed soon? It's important to determine the cause of a regurge as far as possible to correct any husbandry conditions that might be off, or to know whether this is a snake that absolutely should not feed in blue, or whether the possibility of something internal going on is raised. If you can't find anything wrong and no shed soon, and there's another regurge, it might be time for a vet trip.

Good luck to you and your scaley.

Tattery
01-11-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty sure this is a regurge, because Remus has never pooped anything like this before, and the white stuff really looks like fur. He might be going into shed soon, but going from what I've read all over the place is that I had improper temps in his tank. He doesn't have a thermostat hooked up to the heat pad, so I've been plugging it in when the temps get low and then unplugging it when temps get high. Please please please don't flame me, I'm hopefully getting a thermostat or two tomorrow for all of my babies. Thank you for all of your help!