PDA

View Full Version : eye gunk

eye gunk

headly1994
01-11-2012, 03:58 PM
hello all. its bin a long time since iv posted. today i was holding my adult bloodred and noticed a white blotch on its eye. upon further inspection it apears to be a bulge in the eye tho its under the eye cap i couldnt get any pictures with my terrible phone camera and an uncooperative snake.does anyone have any ideas as to what it may be or what i should do?

Lennycorn
01-11-2012, 06:12 PM
No not really but you have to work on getting picture.

bitsy
01-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I had a Corn with a birth defect, meaning that it lacked the duct which allows excess fluid to drain out from under the eye. This caused the eye to swell and bulge until it shed, when the swelling disappeared. However, there was never any white area in the eye.

My old guy has had the reptile equivalent of cataracts (that's how the vet described it, anyway)for some years now. The centres of each cornea have gone a sort of diffused greyish colour, with blurry edges. He's otherwise fine.

If you're sure that it isn't a retained eyecap, then personally I'd get a reptile vet to take a look. Worst case is that it's a tumour, but hopefully that's not the case here.

headly1994
01-11-2012, 08:33 PM
ok sorry lukewarm batch and a paper towel got it off it was like a crust

bitsy
01-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Has the eye stopped bulging now?

headly1994
01-14-2012, 05:56 PM
yes it has