PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a feeding problem, advice please

Bit of a feeding problem, advice please

PAIN
01-16-2012, 09:50 PM
So as some of you know I have the 2 new corns.

Bezel my 25g Anery and Carmeela my 15g Caramel. Bezel is on small fuzzies and Carmeela is on pinkies.

Issue:

My feed supplier is out of mice completely. So I called, emailed, text even thought about smoke signals but NO ONE within a 100 miles radius has any mice. It is like a complete dry spell.

So I went back to my supplier and asked what she has, I was able to get
3-9 gram pinkie rats. Well thats all fine for Bezel as she took it down like it was a fat kid on free cake. BUT what should I do about Carmeela? I cannot nor would I EVER wait to see if someone has pinkie pop up.

Should I slice a pinkie rats from head to tail in half and feed carmeela and hope that in 6 days someone has some? Carmeela was fed last Tuesday night.

Your thoughts would really help as possibly some of you have may run into this.

Cheers in advance

AliCat37
01-16-2012, 10:35 PM
I would do what you're thinking and just give her half of the rat pinkie! It should be just fine, and the big slice down the middle will make it super easy for her to digest.

PAIN
01-16-2012, 10:55 PM
I would do what you're thinking and just give her half of the rat pinkie! It should be just fine, and the big slice down the middle will make it super easy for her to digest.

You always have my back Ali :cheers: to ya girl

PAIN
01-16-2012, 11:42 PM
SHE TOOK IT LIKE A FAT KID ON CAKE WOOOOO HOOOO

skittledoo
01-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Yay!!! So glad she took it. :) I just fed my little hatchling tonight and he gobbled his pinky like it was his last meal lol. So happy your little girl ate.

AliCat37
01-16-2012, 11:50 PM
woohoo! It's always nice to hear when they eat well :) I know my little ultramel attacks her food like she's been starved... Actually they all do except for my little kinky girl.. she waits a while before she decides that she should eat.

PAIN
01-17-2012, 12:10 AM
It just sucks that I have to waste a half a pinkie rat, BUT its 100% worth it to have my lil Carmeela eat :)

Ali - if your lil kinky won't eat right away maybe she is waiting for hand cuffs and a tickle feather first. get it KINKY GIRL (ya ya I know wah wah waaaahhhh) :):p

AliCat37
01-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Ali - if your lil kinky won't eat right away maybe she is waiting for hand cuffs and a tickle feather first. get it KINKY GIRL (ya ya I know wah wah waaaahhhh) :):p

hhahaha! I know, I like to call her that just because of the way it sounds!

Susan
01-17-2012, 06:53 AM
It just sucks that I have to waste a half a pinkie rat, BUT its 100% worth it to have my lil Carmeela eat :)

If you cut them in half while still frozen (much easier to do than when they are thawed anyway), just put the other half back in the freezer to be used later and there will be no waste.

Just be careful that they don't get hooked on rat and refuse to switch back to mice. Most of my snakes don't care which they get, but I do have two that refuse to eat mice now unless they're starving such as when they wake up from brumation.

PAIN
01-17-2012, 09:56 AM
If you cut them in half while still frozen (much easier to do than when they are thawed anyway), just put the other half back in the freezer to be used later and there will be no waste.

Just be careful that they don't get hooked on rat and refuse to switch back to mice. Most of my snakes don't care which they get, but I do have two that refuse to eat mice now unless they're starving such as when they wake up from brumation.

Thanks for the heads up Susan