PDA

View Full Version : snake kink in tail

snake kink in tail

aredsnakedude
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
hey guys, so i noticed my snake nova has a kink in her tail and after the kink she cant move her tail.... i think it was because one time she didnt shed fully on her tail and i read online to soak it then pull it off and when i pulled it off it felt weird on her tail and i think i may have broken her tail trying to help her... like seperating the bones in her tail when trying to pull the skin off.... and idk what to do now, the kink is more than half way down her tail so there is around an inch of her tail she cant move. will this heal eventually if i leave this alone? its been like a month since it happened and it doesnt really look like its gotten any better. does it just take a while to heal or will it always be like that now, that she wont be able to move it? advice is appreciated i feel really bad O.o... (btw it isnt affecting her digestion at all, its just at the end of her tail)

aredsnakedude
01-23-2012, 01:02 AM
any help would be appreciated

AliCat37
01-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Since it's the tip of the tail, I wouldn't worry about it at all. If it starts to lose color/die then it may be something of concern, but since it doesn't affect her function I don't think it is something to worry about. Do you have pictures of it, so we can help you better?

aredsnakedude
01-23-2012, 03:26 AM
okay here is a picture of it, from where you can see the kink and down it is non functional as in she cant move it.

bitsy
01-23-2012, 05:22 AM
If it was a stuck shed with dying tissue underneath, I think I'd expect it to be a darker colour by now. Watch out for it changing colour - it's difficult to tell with a lighter morph and just from a photo, so don't rule that out completely.

As it is, it looks to me like she has broken bones in it. As long as it's away from the cloaca and it doesn't get worse, she should be able to lead a normal life.

My only concern would be shedding - if she's lost feeling and movement in that part of her tail, she might not be able to wiggle it around enough to get out of the shed. Make sure she has a humid hide when you notice her go blue, so that she has the best chance of a clean shed. And as you've found, don't pull at a stuck shed - if it doesn't want to come off easily, then it needs more moisturising first.

aredsnakedude
01-23-2012, 08:30 AM
okay thank you so much for helping me. im guessing the bones will probably never heal enough for her to use it again? Yes next time i will make sure she has a more moist environment next time for when she sheds. last time she shed i had to give her a bath and then i just let her move through a towel to get the rest of the skin off and that seems to be a method that works well.

thanks again for your guys help!