PDA

View Full Version : sick snake?

sick snake?

Jenn
05-16-2004, 01:57 PM
hey everyone. i haven't been here in a long time lol been really busy. but a friend of mine was holding my corn snake the other day and i noticed on her belly it seems it goes in. sort of like if you were to tie a string around her real tight and the imprint is still there. it's never been there before and its been in the same spot for several days now so i'm getting sort of worried. if anyone has any idea please let me know. thanks.

elaphe4herps
05-16-2004, 02:32 PM
do you have a pic? hard to tell what it wrong, if anything, from a description.

Jenn
05-16-2004, 03:00 PM
ok i have no idea if this is going to work, and if it does the quality is probably bad..sorry

Jenn
05-16-2004, 03:01 PM
oh yeah, from the top you don't see anything, she looks fine. you can only see it on her belly..

Taceas
05-17-2004, 09:36 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that to me, it looks like gravidity as seen from below. =P

My female corn definitely had a different look on her belly from the area where there weren't any eggs and the area where there were eggs. It rose sharply from the non-egg area to the area filled with eggs.

She looks adult size from the reference of your hand being in the picture. How old is she?

Jenn
05-18-2004, 06:23 PM
i got her as a gift..i'm saying around 3-4 years old..and i'm not sure she's a female i'm just guessing because i wanted to give her a girl name lol.

Jenn
05-20-2004, 12:47 AM
does anyone else have any ideas? i just don't know her last few sheds have been perfect so i have no idea at all..should i be worried?

plastic
05-20-2004, 10:29 AM
can you try to get a clearer photo? that might help someone figure out what it is.

Jenn
05-20-2004, 10:19 PM
i really doubt i can i took like 50 with our crappy digi cam and taht was by far the best one..there's no one else around to help me take a better picture..its hard to get a pic of a snake from that angle with just you there to hold her and take the picture

MegF.
05-21-2004, 12:41 AM
Do you have someone who can hold her while you snap the picture? That might make it easier to get it clear.

Jenn
05-21-2004, 07:09 PM
its hard to find someone who's "brave" enough to hold her. anyway i have to put all this on hold, my sister is in the hospital now. but if anyone just wants to wing it and have any sort of guess feel free but i can't take the time to get an exact picture right now..she's still eating and defecating fine so i'm hoping this is nothing big

MegF.
05-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your sister. Hope she's well soon!