PDA

View Full Version : Indigo

Indigo

nmoore601
02-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Does anyone raise indigos? I would like a nice pair.

Susan
02-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Do you have your endangered species permit to own one? There is one member of this site on the west coast that has these, if my memory is serving me well, but I can't for the life of me remember who it is at the moment.

BloodyBaroness
02-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Lovin2act (Markus Lee) did have them, but I think he sold them.

Nick you might want to do a good bit of research on these snakes. Make sure what permits you need (90% of sellers check for permits if you buy these types of snakes) and be prepared for a high price tag $900+ per snake.

They are very pretty, but require a particular permit and regulations.

RobbiesCornField
02-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Ceduke has one, but I KNOW she's never going to part with him. You might be able to ask her about the permitting process, though.

Tom Tuttle
02-02-2012, 05:47 PM
VinnyJ was working with them. I sold the last of mine 3 years ago. You'll need a permit.

gelshark
02-04-2012, 06:56 PM
I saw one today at the expo here, it was $1000

nmoore601
02-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Where do I get my permit?

RobbiesCornField
02-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Contact your local wildlife office, or go on their website. The information and requirements should be on there. You'll have to do a bit of searching, though. Sometimes things like that aren't the easiest to find.

zamora
02-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Contact your local wildlife office, or go on their website. The information and requirements should be on there. You'll have to do a bit of searching, though. Sometimes things like that aren't the easiest to find.

Sorry but you won't find any information in the State of Mississippi, I have not found ANYTHING regarding permits. If you DO happen to find something, please pm me.

Tom Tuttle
02-10-2012, 05:06 AM
It's a federal permit. Contact the US Fish & Wildlife

ceduke
02-15-2012, 12:32 AM
I bought mine in-state. If you find one for sale in your state, so that it does NOT cross state borders during the transaction, you don't need a federal permit to get one in most states. You might be able to find out the specific requirements for Mississippi by asking at www.indigosforever.org Edit: OK, apparently IF is gone. :(

Keep in mind that crossing state lines with these guys later, of you ever move, can be complicated or illegal, depending on where you're going. Also, they have VERY fast metabolisms....they eat a LOT, they eat frequently, and they have a liquidy poop that they spread around liberally. I spend more time cleaning up after my Indigo than all of my other snakes combined. He's totally worth it though.

If you can't find a breeder in your state and you wind up looking at the federal permitting process, a lot of breeders will help you get permitted. My snake originally came from Robert Bruce here in CA, and he has been an AMAZING help whenever I had questions. He's called and emailed back and forth with me and has been incredible, even though I didn't buy my snake directly from him. If you go the interstate route, I can heartily recommend Robert's animals and service.

cornbreadandmilk
02-16-2012, 08:55 AM
haha well grandpa caught one here last summer he released it and then it came right back up in the back yard a month or so latter. they seem to be very cool lil snakes

nmoore601
02-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the info that has been passed a long.