PDA

View Full Version : feeding.

feeding.

leeuhm
02-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Right my corn snakes not eating at the minute and his food date was yesterday but thought I'd try again today just to see as he was showing signs of when he normally wants his food. I do put him in a box with a lid with his food but he just aint interested in it in the box. I've now decided to put it in his vivarium to see if he feels more comfortable eating in there and he seems to enjoy lying on it instead of eating it. I've ended up braining the mouse so it'll appeal more to him.

Now if he doesn't take it tonight ill leave it few more days, as I've now ran out of ideas to do.

He isn't the fastest of going to eat. But I might leave him alone so there's no distractions around him.

Any helps appreciated. - btw its frozen thawed mice I'm feeding him.

He seems more bothered about being on me than eating...

starsevol
02-02-2012, 12:49 PM
He might be getting ready to shed.
If he were mine I would just leave him be and try again his next feeding date.
If you try too often it just seems to stress them and turn them against eating.
I have a few like your boy. If I were you I would just put him in a deli overnight with the pink and leave him in a quiet place til morning.

leeuhm
02-02-2012, 12:52 PM
He's already shed'd and isn't looking to shed for another 1-2.months.

Well I've left his food in his vivarium if he doesn't touch it ill remove it and stick him in his box and leave over night. I think he was off put due to my daughter being in the room and everyone else in house hold.

So that could of put some stress on him so I told everyone just to leave him to it.

ZoologyGirl
02-02-2012, 01:14 PM
I'd probably just wait another 5 days or a week to attempt to feed it again. Don't want it to associate mice/feeding with stress. If it has normally been eating okay in the past and is healthy, it will be fine going without for a week (and longer...)

leeuhm
02-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Think ill give him a week. Starting tomorrow. No chance he is going to eat. Pity they aint like a dog wot wulfs it down. Lol