PDA

View Full Version : Regurge?

Regurge?

Jay633
02-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Okay so i fed my corn a slightly bigger mouse and he started swallowing the head and before he got to the body he regurgitated it. So i believe i am supposed to maintain him with proper temps, humidity, and about a week later i shall feed him a smaller mouse correct? or any comments? my corn is about a year and a half weighing in at 130g

Shiari
02-21-2012, 03:08 AM
If he only had half-eaten it, that's more of a "spitting it out" than a regurge.

A regurge is when the animal has ingested the prey item, and later vomits up a partially digested mouse.

However, because he was unwilling to accept the larger prey item, I would definitely drop down a size or two.

bitsy
02-21-2012, 03:43 AM
I agree with Megan. It's a refusal rather than a regurge. Either the food item was just that bit too large or he was spooked whilst eating.

Either way, I think dropping back down to his normal size for the next couple of feeds would be advisable - just in case. I wouldn't wait to offer food again but if he refuses a second time, it would be worth waiting a week before trying again.

Fingers crossed, all will be well with a smaller mouse.

Jay633
02-24-2012, 03:40 AM
Yes you were both right he ate a smaller mouse.. thanks for yoir inputs

bitsy
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Great news! Thanks for the update.