PDA

View Full Version : is snake in dangering itself?????!!!!!

is snake in dangering itself?????!!!!!

inluvwithmycorns
02-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Okay so only this one snake out of my three has the craziest/ silliest personality by far she is just so silly to where she will chase your finger sometimes from outside her viv, and in her coconut she pokes head thru hole and wraps body around it making her look like she has a shell..lol anyways the important question I have is this .. inside her viv goes first the glass, then layer of paper towel, then layer of aspen.. well this lil stinker figures her way down under the towel! Iam just wondering can't she get herself burnt against the glass from uth? Even though I use a probe/ thermostat? Just wondering
t
Appreciate any or all oppionions
Thanks

Shiari
02-21-2012, 11:06 PM
If you have a thermostat attached to the UTH, making it be 85 degrees, then no. There's a reason we have the digital prob thermometer probes ON the glass: because the snakes can reach that point! So no, she's not endangering herself unless your temps are way too hot.

AliCat37
02-21-2012, 11:07 PM
If you are using the thermostat, and the temp is 85 degrees, she will not burn herself. Corn snakes are burrowers.. they'll get under everything.

inluvwithmycorns
02-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Lol... Ok thanks you guys I kinda thought that but still was on my mind

inluvwithmycorns
02-22-2012, 12:26 AM
i sorry I kinda feel silly now but I'm still pretty new..:)

Karoni
02-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Don't feel silly. How will any of us learn unless we ask?