PDA

View Full Version : Does this need vet care?

Does this need vet care?

Alaya
02-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I woke up this morning to the corn working his way out of a hole he couldn't fit through. I cut him out, but he was pinched fairly solidly by the tub. Its an hour and a half before the vet opens, so I was going to ask your opinion here, does he need to go to the vet? He's moving the area just fine, and doesn't react too strongly when I hold it (though he's in a bad additive overall for understandable reasons). I don't think anything is broken, just pinched.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tXLaR3jhOpQ/T05I-wrTGYI/AAAAAAAAAHI/yZAX_lwgagg/s512/IMG_0002.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-bH-kFV_LIGg/T05I7jWJ6rI/AAAAAAAAAHA/_pMiXjN7Ssc/s640/IMG_0004.JPG

I can take him to the vet if needed, but don't want to stress him out more with the trip if I don't need to.

beautifullywild77
02-29-2012, 10:57 AM
I would take him. After the thread about being pinched in a tub, it would be a good idea in my opinion. Others might let you know better.

AliCat37
02-29-2012, 11:13 AM
He might have a few broken ribs (they are pretty tiny, so you might not be able to feel them). I don't think that the vet really could do anything, and since this is not near any organs I think I would just keep a keen eye on it. Obviously do what you feel is best though! Glad that you caught it early :)

HermesMom
02-29-2012, 12:57 PM
If he were mine, I'd want him seen. I'd at least put in a call to the vet and see what they say.

bitsy
02-29-2012, 01:09 PM
One of mine had some catastrophic crush injuries. The vet x-rayed him and confirmed a lot of broken ribs. They were able to say that they couldn't see any signs of internal bleeding at that point in time, but ultimately said there was nothing they could do to treat him. I just had to wait and see whether he developed other symptoms.

Thankfully he didn't. Although permanently deformed, he eats like a champ and can get about his viv just fine. He's had no other health problems since.

I'd say that if you need the peace of mind then go to the vet, but don't expect them to be able to do anything.

Naagas
02-29-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure what a vet could do.

I would just keep an eye on him.

Alaya
02-29-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm going to go with the keep an eye on him route for now, but if he doesn't seem to do well I will definitely take him into the vet. I'm so busy right now taking him into the vet means dropping a lot of important things and then having to catch back up, and I'm only getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night as is.

Naagas
03-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Update? How is he doing?

Alaya
03-20-2012, 10:07 PM
You could barely tell he had been pinched two days after the accident, and now there is no sign. I did two small meals, but am going to boost him up to a normal meal tonight. He seems fine, and now has his holes plugged in his tub.

Naagas
03-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Yay! That is wonderful to hear!