PDA

View Full Version : Ambient heat

Ambient heat

scobro
03-07-2012, 08:35 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on this, as I have found no answers online. The room I intend to keep the snake in does not have central air, so during warmer/hot summer months the ambient room temps could reach (a guess) mid to upper 80 degrees, during the day. I am worried that if the room temp does get that high there would be little chance of a cool spot.

Just wondering if that would be a problem? and short of moving him into another room when it gets hot, would there be any other solution- a fan, maybe?

Sco

Lennycorn
03-07-2012, 09:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on this, as I have found no answers online. The room I intend to keep the snake in does not have central air, so during warmer/hot summer months the ambient room temps could reach (a guess) mid to upper 80 degrees, during the day. I am worried that if the room temp does get that high there would be little chance of a cool spot.

Just wondering if that would be a problem? and short of moving him into another room when it gets hot, would there be any other solution- a fan, maybe?

Sco

Lowering the tank/viv closer to the ground would help too. Upper 80's is the max but I think you'll be fine.

MysticExotics
03-07-2012, 09:03 PM
I would turn off other heat sources during the time that the ambient temps are that warm, but otherwise that will be fine. I use ambien temps for my snake room & my animals do just fine.

80 degree ambient temp is fine, just watch to make sure the room doesn't get too warm.