PDA

View Full Version : Regurge :(

Regurge :(

NickP961
03-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Well, Ruby regurged last night. I have no idea why. I think the meal was possibly to big, but seemed just fine after she consumed the entire mouse? She ate Wednesday night and at 9:15 PM last night I noticed a fuzzy in her cage :( So, anyway, I just want to make sure I am doing everything right. I am going to wait 10 days til I offer her another meal, and will offer her a pinky. I will NOT handle her during these 10 days. Anything else?

I just feel so bad. I feel like it's my fault :( Advice please. Thanks...

AliCat37
03-09-2012, 04:17 PM
I'd pick up nutribac, and instead of a pinkie, just offer a pinkie head with the nutribac on it. If she keeps it down, you can give her the other 2/3rds of the pinkie in 9-10 days with the nutribac. Work your way back up to larger meals slowly..

beautifullywild77
03-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Nutribac is recommended as well! It happens, so sorry she had a regure. I would follow the regurge protocal that is recommened on here.

NickP961
03-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Do you guys know of any places that sell Nutribac, like in stores? Or is it only available online?

Thanks for the help guys!

beautifullywild77
03-09-2012, 04:25 PM
I haven't ever found it in stores. I got mine from bean farms but kathy love sells it on her website as well.

toxiclight
03-09-2012, 04:32 PM
I got mine from Kathy Love as well. None of the pet stores near us carry it.

NickP961
03-09-2012, 04:33 PM
I found it on Kathy Love's website. Thanks. Where is it on the bean farm? I don't see it?

beautifullywild77
03-09-2012, 04:40 PM
I haven't looked for it in over a year... a friend had sent me a direct link!

NickP961
03-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Okay, thanks. I'll just order it from Kathy Love. Thanks again all!

beautifullywild77
03-09-2012, 04:52 PM
sorry found it http://beanfarm.com/product_info.php?products_id=5933

NickP961
03-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it.

Nanci
03-09-2012, 06:35 PM
I would feed a meal half the size of what she regurged. I would slit it all down the back and sides, and powder with NB. I'd observe your snake for signs of being in blue.

NickP961
03-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Thank you Nanci! She shed about a month ago, so I doubt shes going to shed again...but you never know.

Nanci
03-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Well, my young snakes shed about every four weeks...

Cerian.abbott
03-10-2012, 11:50 AM
I had a regure with my snake in febuary,

If its any help this is what I did...

I waited 10 days used nutribac in his water, and placed a towel over his cage to keep it dark and quite.
After 10 days I feed half a pinky rolled in nutribac for two feeds, then a pinky rolled in nutribac for 3rd feed, then build up the feeds (with out or with nutribac, up to you), he's recently had two pinkys so soon will be on fuzzies again :)
I got told not to handle him till he had eaten 4 meals at least.
also he was not keen on eatting the rolled nutribac food but a bit of playing with to food around him worked well.
Overall he's better now :)

Good luck with it and hope he's better soon :) Xx

NickP961
03-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Well, she has been REALLY active for these past couple days, not sure if it's hunger or what. I have got nutribac and am all ready, but I only have fuzzies. I saw on here some people cut them in half lengthwise frozen and then feed the one half. My question being, when you cut it in half and thaw it, isn't the mouses' insides going to be all over and not still in the mouse? Sorry if it's a stupid question. Thanks.

And all petstores around me do NOT have any pinkies or small fuzzies, only big fuzzies and up. :( So any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Naagas
03-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Yes, to answer your question, the cut-in-half mouse is going to be messy. Thaw it in a plastic bag in the water.
Or, just feed the head and then a head, then the first body, then the second body.
The snake doesn't seem to mind the mess, but I dislike mouse entrails all over to clean up.

And for everyone looking for nutribac- I have seen a product locally called BeneBac... It is probiotic for birds and reptiles.
It is a green ooze rather than a powder.... And I've found it to be effective.
Ask at your local pet shop for probiotics for birds and/or reptiles.

Also, your local reptile vet should be able to sell you some probiotic for snakes. Mine has some which is also a gel. The benefit of a gel is that you can use it as lubricant for syringes for force feedings.

NickP961
03-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Alright everyone, I figured I'd update you all. So she ate a pinky last sunday with NutriBac on it, and she has kept it down! Yay, I'm so happy! And this sunday I will feed another pinky with NurtiBac on it. And some more news on Ruby... She is now going blue! So now I'm not exactly sure why she regurged, as that was on the 8th...Hmmm? Could it still have been cause she was going blue; I highly doubt that though...?

And thanks again everyone, you really made this as stress free as possible for me, and I thank you for that!