• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

'02 Opal post shed

Clint Boyer

'Former' Snake slave
02opalpostshed

;)

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE SNAKE..
Ok so I thought that 24 snakes was the limit but if I get the chance I will have to add this one (type) to my family.
All I can say is WOW!!!!
Jimmy C.

Ah~~~~~
Rich~~~~~ you should of had opals when I was ordering from you!!!!!
No~~~~ Jimmy~~~~~I missed the chance~~~~~

Jim......come up again!!!!! I need you to bring me these beauties~~~~~

beautiful, beautiful snake, clint! couple of questions: (1.) how much will that pink lighten with age?, and (2.) will you be selling any opals? purdy snake just the same.:D

Wow Clint, Thats an amazing looking Opal.

Do most Opal hatchlings have that much yellow after their first shed? The Opal I got from Rich a few months back has shed several times for me and is showing more and more yellow as time passes but I could almost swear your hatchling is showing more after its first shed.

I don't know

This is my first and only Opal, it's all new to me.

I don't really know what I expected but it really is a very peachy color.

Do you have any pics Kevin?

Lavender het amel

I bred a Lavender female het amel to an amel male het for Lavender. They were also both het anery since I got one Snow from that clutch also. I just don't know if the Snow is homozygous for Lavender or not.

Clint, I dont have any photos on hand right now but I'll get some up tomorrow after I get home after work. Hopefully my opal is in a photogenic mood. At least he shed the other day so he's looking his best.

Very pretty baby you have there. I will be interested to see how he/she changes over time. Please post follow up pics.

:) Alicia

'01 Opal from SerpenCo #1

He wasnt in an agreeable mood when I took these. I actually had a nice shot of him as I took his water bowl off him but the picture didnt come out the way I planned. Oh well.

Anyway he just shed the other day and his yellow markings appear to be alot more subdued than your's, Clint.

SilverTongue - My (very generic) website is on a free server right now as Im still in the process of getting photos together etc. From time to time the site is unreachable but if you keep trying you'll eventually get through. After I complete the site and it looks proper Ill move it to a more stable server.

Attachments

• opal1.jpg
    opal1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Awesome snake!

White snakes are so hard to get an accurate photo of.

I've only seen a few pics, Rich and JY's and now yours.

I'll keep close tabs on mine and updated pics. I have no idea if mine will develope to look like yours or have a different look?

Do you have a project in mind for yours?

They are pretty much all different. I don't think any two of mine look the same. Clint's new baby is probably going to be one spectacular looking animal when it grows up. It will probably look different every time it sheds its skin, so I think we can expect monthly updates on the photos. :)

One of the reasons I thought 'Opal' was so appropriate for this cultivar is because of this variability. My wife really likes the gemstone opals and they are all different as well. And depending on how you look at them, and the type of light you put them in, you can have something completely different looking each time you look at them.

Just wait until we get to the point of selective breeding of these guys. I think there will be some truly awesome looking animals in a few years.

When I purchased my Opal from Rich I also got a Lav h. Amel to breed with her. That's really as far as my project extends right now. But I'm sure before she's mature enough to breed that I'll probably have a few other projects in mind. You have anything in mind for yours, Clint?

Be sure to keep us updated as your's sheds, I'll do the same. I'd really like to see how they all mature.

Back