PDA

View Full Version : feeding earlier than ususal

feeding earlier than ususal

cornbreadandmilk
03-12-2012, 12:04 AM
I was wondering about if it was alright to feed my young corn snake one day earlier than usual. normally I would feed her Friday morning but I need to go out of town on Thursday evening after i get off work so i wanted to know if i could feed her Thursday evening instead of Friday morning and whether or not this could hurt her or affect her negatively.

Wyldrose
03-12-2012, 12:32 AM
How long will you be gone?
If your only gone a couple days, then I would wait until you get back. If you feed Thursday and he regurgitates he will be sitting in his tank with a decomposing mouse.

I feed hatchlings every 5 days, once they are on fuzzies I move it to 7 days. So one day will not effect the snake.

cornbreadandmilk
03-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Well I'll be back on Monday so I thought since it'll be approximately 15 hours feeding difference that would be better than 3 days late. If I feed her early it'll only be like 15 hours early. Any more inPut from anyone? I'd feel guilty feeding her so late considering her early feeding isn't even a whole day earlier.

Lyion
03-12-2012, 02:19 AM
I wouldn't be too concerned. Some hatchlings feed every four days (I tend to feed every five days) So unless she just feed 3 days ago, I'd say you are fine.

bitsy
03-12-2012, 04:20 AM
I'd say either way would be fine. 3 days late won't make any difference to a hatchling that's been eating reliably - they can go for weeks without food (as us frustrated breeders often find!).

By the same token, you'll probably be fine feeding a day early as well.

In your shoes I'd wait, but that doesn't make me right and the other position wrong.

Remember that you're the one with the timetable - the snake won't know any different. It's not counting the days! Don't feel that you're "neglectful" if you decide to wait.

cornbreadandmilk
03-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone!! I just feel cruel waiting!): but you are right, they don't run on time so they aren't going to know. I just love Cayenne so much and I want the best for my reptilian friend. (: