PDA

View Full Version : Mites

Mites

lumene
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I have mites guys, from my "Snakes in Limbo" BRB's as they were in the back of a pet store...

Pay-check is Friday, is there anything I can do to keep a lid on things in the meantime? I removed the BRB's and put them in a 'new' Quarantine Zone, haven't seen any sign of trouble with the corns yet, but I have to disassemble all the enclosures and scrub them.

Any and all help appreciated, as always.

beautifullywild77
03-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Vasline at the top all the way around the whole vivs of all your animals.. Mites can't travel through it.

Baths and veggie oil worked the best on Serj. papertowels as bedding
We used mite off on the paper towels and on the snake. I would spray it on my hands and let Serj run through it.
I repeated the veggie bath and regular baths every 2-3 days then would apply the miteoff for 3 weeks.
Others have used nix solutions instead of mite off.

I also used the lice spray for bedding and such on the carpets surrounding where serj was.

Lennycorn
03-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Vasline at the top all the way around the whole vivs of all your animals.. Mites can't travel through it.

Baths and veggie oil worked the best on Serj. papertowels as bedding
We used mite off on the paper towels and on the snake. I would spray it on my hands and let Serj run through it.
I repeated the veggie bath and regular baths every 2-3 days then would apply the miteoff for 3 weeks.
Others have used nix solutions instead of mite off.

I also used the lice spray for bedding and such on the carpets surrounding where serj was.

Can't rep ya...good post!!