PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed snake STILL not eating

Advice needed snake STILL not eating

PAIN
03-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Hey guys sorry ya its me asking advice again, BUT I have never had an adult corn refuse food this many times.

So here is the break down.

- Last accepted feeding Feb 26,2012
- Weight was 568 grams
- Refused food 3 times

I even tried a small portion than his regular size, even brained a rat pup and a hopper mouse which to him would have been snack size.

So lay it on me, when should I attempt feeding him again? Today is the 34th day and he weighed in at 544 grams. Don't get me wrong he is extremely active always moving around his cage.

Any and all advice is extremely appreciated as well as thanked in advnace.

ghosthousecorns
03-31-2012, 10:44 PM
It sounds like a male in breeding mode to me. If it's 568 gram male in the spring I'd be surprised if he did eat. All my adult males are either refusing food or being picky right now, too.

PAIN
03-31-2012, 11:00 PM
It sounds like a male in breeding mode to me. If it's 568 gram male in the spring I'd be surprised if he did eat. All my adult males are either refusing food or being picky right now, too.

I just wish I had a female to pair him with. I only have 3 females one is 150 grams and the other 2 are under 100 grams.

DAMN DAMN DAMN.

See I HAVE delt with a female that I aquired in 2008 that was gravid she laid 12 eggs while I was working, it was a total suprize as I never hatched any type of eggs before, I researched and 11 of the eggs hatched and all hatchlings lived on.

PAIN
04-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Still would like somemore input from others as to when it would be a good time to try again or even a sign of when he would want to.

Thanks

bitsy
04-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Sadly the only sign you'll get that he wants to eat, is when he eats. I'd recommend offering his usual food once a fortnight. Cuts down on the waste. Once he's back on board, you can go back to his usual routine if you normally feed more often.

A month isn't the longest I've seen in mine and yours isn't losing lots of weight. Think of all that valuable muscle-building exercise he's getting. Grit your teeth!