PDA

View Full Version : need info about mice

need info about mice

Garrett__16
06-20-2002, 06:28 PM
I was looking at mice on rodentpro.com and I was wondering about what weight and lenght of mice can a baby corn eat. And if anyone can give me information about the different sizes of mice for each different size of corn. Because on rodentpro.com they sell 7 different sizes of mice and it is hard to choose which size would be appropriate for a corn. (Small & Large Pinkies, Peach Fuzzies, Hoppers, Weanlings, Adluts, Jumbo Adults)

kenster
06-20-2002, 07:14 PM
baby corns will eat pinkies. Depending on how long your snake is depends on how many he/she will eat. A general rule is that you can feed them mice up to one and a half times their body size. I feed mine 2 pinks every Tuesday. Which works goor for me and the snakes. Hope this helps

Jr Nimeskern
06-20-2002, 10:00 PM
Yes like Ken said its about the length of the corn... and the width... feed any food item that is around 1 1/2 the size of the snakes width... you can feed up to 2 times but that isnt advised... but baby corns which are usually about newborn to 18 in will eat pinkys... whne you think its time to move them up to the next food size then do so... I usually bump them up to the next size when they start to eat 3 of one size or if I dont see lumps in them when they are done eating there meal... Hope I helped

pdrau
06-23-2002, 12:11 AM
Order pinkies for now and when your corn is done with those order more unless it is eating 3 at a meal, then order fuzzies. Once it is eating 3 fuzzies at a meal, then move up to hoppers, etc. Rodentpro is great. I just ordered 100 hoppers for my two corns and they had no problems switching over to F/T from live. I think they eat the F/T more aggressively than they did the freshly killed ones.

Peter

Garrett__16
06-23-2002, 02:05 PM
Thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it.

WRATHCHILD798
06-26-2006, 09:38 PM
i also need help
1)how do you post a thread!?
2)my corn is approximently 14 inches long and about 3/4 of an inch thick what should he eat fuzzies? or pinkies?
sry to interupt your thread garret just need help that maybe someone can assist me with.

BeckyG
06-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Since Garrett's thread is 4 years old, I doubt he'll mind. :rolleyes:

To post a thread, click on the new topic button at the top of the message board.

As for your snake, what is it eating now? If it doesn't leave a very big lump, it's time to move up.